Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Buzthafuzz

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Post by Buzthafuzz »

dbombay1 wrote:
AlakaLazlo wrote:
Backbeat wrote:Did you forget the Mackie Problem to reflect the channels like the Mixer on the screen does?

Very disappointing!
+1 :?
+1 :( :(
Plus, I have more issues whith Mackie: for example, when I pan a virtual instrument like RealGuitar with the Mackie, the instrument detune... Looks like the use of Mackie control is generaly bugged...

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip »

Sorry to add yet another question, but has anything been done to improve the sharpness of the fonts on Mac? They are so blurry compared with previous versions.

Thanks
Hackintosh, 8700K / 4.8GHz, 16Gb, OSX10.14.4
MacBook Pro Retina (2015), i5, 8Gb, OSX10.14.4
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
UAD-2 Octo, Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt
Cubase user since 1989!

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial

Post by Guest »

are you on 7.01 steve? they were fixed significantly in 01 for windows

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip »

Yes I'm 7.01. No change here. Even the Cubase icon is screwed! Has blurry shadows and weird artifacts compared with 6.x. Not a big, I know, but seriously, how does something like this get through the net!
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
Cubase user since 1989!

fuzzydude

Post by fuzzydude »

Hey Steve, same here re blurryness. I run Mac and PC, Cubase and Nuendo but to be honest I've gone back to 6.5 on Cubase and will probs stay there for the foreseeable future. Too many bugs. A little saddened at how a pro tool gets such poor QA!
Comps+OS: PC's (Win 10 1903) - Mac Pro (Catalina) - MacBook Pro (Moave) I Nuendo 10 | Cubase Pro 10 I Wavelab 9.5 Pro

Steve Helstrip

Post by Steve Helstrip »

Same here, Fuzzydude!
Cubase Pro 10
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6
Cubase user since 1989!

fuzzydude

Post by fuzzydude »

NorthWood MediaWorks wrote:
steveschizoid wrote:Perhaps.

But it has to be annoying to pay $150 for an update only to discover that it will not run on your system, or has problems executing tasks that previously posed no difficulties.
Perhaps annoying yes, but a reason to give up? - no, you just have to work through it to reach stability.
+1 I have two PC systems, one that runs Cubase and Wavelab and another system running Nuendo and Pro Tools. To date I've not had any crashing issues that were Cubase related since V5, and none on the new C7. My Mac is another story as are bugs related to new/lost functionality. Both PC's were purpose built for audio production.

Having been with Steinberg for a number of years, it seems the only potential value I may get from paying for the updates these days is to help ensure they've got enough money coming in to resource fixing the inevitable bug backlog. History proves a wait of 6-12 months is required before a stable(ish) version is available!! :shock:
Comps+OS: PC's (Win 10 1903) - Mac Pro (Catalina) - MacBook Pro (Moave) I Nuendo 10 | Cubase Pro 10 I Wavelab 9.5 Pro

ggc

Post by ggc »

Hurry up feb 18th! ;)
:mrgreen:

bashar

Post by bashar »

More vote for the fuzziness issue, I am running in a retina display MacBook Pro and the problem is doubled.

cubace

Post by cubace »

ggc wrote:Hurry up feb 18th! ;)
Im wounder what the release is doing over the weekend? The build date will be middle of jan anyway...

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

cubace wrote:
ggc wrote:Hurry up feb 18th! ;)
Im wounder what the release is doing over the weekend? The build date will be middle of jan anyway...
I'ts being baked for a couple of days, obviously, and will be thoroughly cooked by monday. ;) !

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 10.5 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 10 | i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | AMD Radeon RX 580 | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

dBeLazy

Post by dBeLazy »

dbombay1 wrote:
AlakaLazlo wrote:
Backbeat wrote:Did you forget the Mackie Problem to reflect the channels like the Mixer on the screen does?

Very disappointing!

+1 :?
+1 :( :(
+1 :( :( :( :(
+1
+1
+1
+1

Jurij

Post by Jurij »

Tonight other graphic problems with Cubase 7.0.1 and OSX 10.7.5 some ghost traks appears ahahahah, I dont want to be boring again, but.....

I'm a professional musician and I like to use Cubase for my Job not for fun. I dont have that kind of graphical problems with cubase 6.5.3, there are others of course not fixed yet on the 6.5.4 still in prerelease, now cubase 6.5 users don't have a very stable cubase yet, and Cubase 7 user have a a beta version software maybe with some fix in the end of year? When steinberg will ask other 100euro for upgrade to 7.5? What i feel? I think Cubase users are at now the new Nuendo Beta testers and Steinberg asking us money to be these betatesters. I will be happy to continue to be Beta tester but please give me the application for free. :mrgreen:
Attachments
ghosts.jpg
(1.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

frontgarcia

Post by frontgarcia »

When out the update ?

mroekalea

Post by mroekalea »

very soon :mrgreen:
Menoj

If nothing goes right, go left!

Win10, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB, 2 x DELL u2713hm monitors (5120 x 1440), monitoring: ADAM P22A with SUB8, Audient ID14 & Behringer XR18 & Focusrite safire pro 26IO, Cubase 9.5 pro & artist 8.5, wavelab 9.5 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 6, GA4, VG2, Arturia Analog Lab, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3&4 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), Z3TA+2, HSO library, many Waves plugs, Plugin Alliance plugins (BX, SPL, Maag & Elysia), NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, AIR instrument expansion pack v3, Melodyne Studio v4, Soundtoys 5, Lexicon native PCM reverb bundle, UJAM Virtual Guitarist complete bundle, SoniVox Premium collection, Ezkeys upright & Vintage Fender Jazz basses, Fender Bassman 100, Markbass TTE500 , FMC Neo 2128 cab

Woodcrest Studio

Post by Woodcrest Studio »

Jurij wrote:Tonight other graphic problems with Cubase 7.0.1 and OSX 10.7.5 some ghost traks appears ahahahah, I dont want to be boring again, but.....

I'm a professional musician and I like to use Cubase for my Job not for fun. I dont have that kind of graphical problems with cubase 6.5.3, there are others of course not fixed yet on the 6.5.4 still in prerelease, now cubase 6.5 users don't have a very stable cubase yet, and Cubase 7 user have a a beta version software maybe with some fix in the end of year? When steinberg will ask other 100euro for upgrade to 7.5? What i feel? I think Cubase users are at now the new Nuendo Beta testers and Steinberg asking us money to be these betatesters. I will be happy to continue to be Beta tester but please give me the application for free. :mrgreen:

Is this the ghost you are talking about at the bottom?
Attachments
ghosts.jpg
(303.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Jurij

Post by Jurij »

Is this the ghost you are talking about at the bottom?[/quote]

yes you can see some ghost tracks recorded on bottom, trasparent ones, not recorded of course.... :D
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

mrains

Post by mrains »

Steve Helstrip wrote:Sorry to add yet another question, but has anything been done to improve the sharpness of the fonts on Mac? They are so blurry compared with previous versions.
I'm using PC. I find the new mixer unusable. In many parts I am unable to read the text. Other parts have legible text but the color (black text on dark background) make it difficult to read. Other applications (including older versions of Cubase are OK). I simply can't use C7 in current form. The interface design is lacking and really needs professional input to achieve something that is more broadly acceptable. Very sad...

Woodcrest Studio

Jurij wrote:
Woodcreststudio wrote: Is this the ghost you are talking about at the bottom?
yes you can see some ghost tracks recorded on bottom, trasparent ones, not recorded of course.... :D

Wild.... so the name on the event doesn't exist in the pool?
Last edited by Woodcrest Studio on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

silverknit

Post by silverknit »

m203 wrote:I just want to say Cubase 7.01 is totally unstable. Today alone it has crashed on me 5 times. The worst part is: it totally FREEZES and the only way it can be closed is to open task manager and end process.

It is 2013 and we are on version 7 and Steinberg Cubase still can't be trusted in a professional environment. And don't blame it on my hardware or anything else because I have competent machine and updated drivers, etc. Cubase 6.5 was stable. 7.01 is garbage. I pray 7.02 resolves these crashing issues. This is unacceptable
Coming from 6.5.3 that was rock solid, I updated to 7.0 at day one and never had a freeze or crash..ever.. Of course a lot of bugs and minor problems but nothing that prevented me from working as usual. 7.0.1 improved a lot of annoying issues and still is solid.
So I wonder what is happenning with you guys who get an unstable and rather unusable cubase. Could this be hardware related? Or perhaps something messed up with 3d party plugins, or because working with older versions projects ( which is what I do obviously because I come from 6.5.3, and again I never had any big, "unstably" issue. )
I'm not blaming anyone on their hardware , or how their system is managed, but I truely do wonder why some people have solid stable systems (yet still perfectible), and others simply can't work anymore after updating to 7.
Cubase 7 x64, Gigabyte h67A-UD3H-B3, I5 2500K, 8go ram, Win7 x64.

Woodcrest Studio

silverknit wrote:
m203 wrote:I just want to say Cubase 7.01 is totally unstable. Today alone it has crashed on me 5 times. The worst part is: it totally FREEZES and the only way it can be closed is to open task manager and end process.

It is 2013 and we are on version 7 and Steinberg Cubase still can't be trusted in a professional environment. And don't blame it on my hardware or anything else because I have competent machine and updated drivers, etc. Cubase 6.5 was stable. 7.01 is garbage. I pray 7.02 resolves these crashing issues. This is unacceptable
Coming from 6.5.3 that was rock solid, I updated to 7.0 at day one and never had a freeze or crash..ever.. Of course a lot of bugs and minor problems but nothing that prevented me from working as usual. 7.0.1 improved a lot of annoying issues and still is solid.
So I wonder what is happenning with you guys who get an unstable and rather unusable cubase. Could this be hardware related? Or perhaps something messed up with 3d party plugins, or because working with older versions projects ( which is what I do obviously because I come from 6.5.3, and again I never had any big, "unstably" issue. )
I'm not blaming anyone on their hardware , or how their system is managed, but I truely do wonder why some people have solid stable systems (yet still perfectible), and others simply can't work anymore after updating to 7.

A lot of it probably has to do with how the person actually works. If part of your routine or x-y-z procedure uses a feature that causes a crash or temporary freeze for instance... plugin instabilities with the new version... hardware too...

Post by Guest »

wel i wonder how many people are going to be satisfied tomorrow ? ;)

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

filterfreak wrote:wel i wonder how many people are going to be satisfied tomorrow ? ;)
My prediction .. about 100 "you guys rock" posts from people who didn't even install the patch yet, intermixed with about 100 "you guys suck" posts from people who didn't even install the patch yet. Then about two days later the actual fall-out from the patch will begin.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Post by Guest »

true .. thats if it's even released tomorrow lol

Lundin

Post by Lundin »

JMCecil wrote:
filterfreak wrote:wel i wonder how many people are going to be satisfied tomorrow ? ;)
My prediction .. about 100 "you guys rock" posts from people who didn't even install the patch yet, intermixed with about 100 "you guys suck" posts from people who didn't even install the patch yet. Then about two days later the actual fall-out from the patch will begin.
:D true that!.. i've been in a creative coma since day 1 of C 7 when the 8 cmc's went into some sort of Amusement-park-mode, a lot of my belowed UA-plug's started fuzzing e.t.c

So i look forward to the 7.0.2 tomorrow...It really can't be any worse.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”