Page 10 of 11

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:00 pm
by Telogic
no vivo put a link up for it .not sure though if its correct build coz my cc121 channel selects not working on it.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:03 pm
by Guest
the site normally goes down for a while before an update ;)

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:06 pm
by Sinned
It's Here!!!!!

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 pm
by Telogic
filterfreak wrote:the site normally goes down for a while before an update ;)
it does that,s to change web page data but they may have already uploaded to the server the installers.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm
by R3myBoy
Doesn't work .... Installation Failed ! ...

Edit : it works now ... 1st download wasn't complete ...

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:14 pm
by Guest
i bet you it will be done about 3pm GMT

but im completely wrong :lol: :lol: quick go get it !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:42 pm
by Boriss
Hope this addresses the trial issue I am having. Download going at 1MBPS.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:58 pm
by R3myBoy
VMX files don't recall volumes ?...

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:03 pm
by Boriss
Worked perfectly for me except, I still can't try out the demo of the full version from artist.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm
by JayAudion
Buzthafuzz wrote:
Graham_Simmonds wrote:I too am very disappointed that the "hidden channels" Mackie control issue has not been resolved in 7.02. Considering it has already been mentioned many times in this thread, I am surprised that it was not further up the bug fix priority list and did not make it in to 7.02.
yes, +1, and please rework the Mackie Fader groups buttons to be assignable, or re-attach them to channel and rack configuration 1-4

I used to have a professional working environment, I can't just let a software upgrade kick out my professional hardware or render it useless at will! This is expensive stuff we're talking about here.
I would have posted this elsewhere If they hadn't locked the main thread on it.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 pm
by groovechild
I'm pleased to say that the update has been a major improvement for me, my system seems to be much more stable and although I still get crazy level peaks with the vst performance meter which I manged to tame by deselecting Asio Guard, I'm pleased to say my PC is behaving much better than before, and it was nothing to do with my 3rd Party Plugins or Drivers.
I will perform a full test in a few days.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:42 am
by Bane
Initial load times are much improved, maybe even project load times. Feels more stable, I'm not afraid to open the mixer any more due to fears of crashing.

Anyone noticed this since the update. When using the arrow keys with the step input bar look what happens:
Glitch101.jpg
(168.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:29 am
by greggybud
Maincat wrote:
groovechild wrote: The fact that so many C7 users are having major problems with C7 should be a BIG embarrassment :oops: to Steinberg whom consider themselves to be one of the best professional DAWs in the music industry.........really :?:
Cubase is one of the best DAWs. I'm waiting for all the posts saying 'sorry, it was a plugin/mouse driver (already had one of those)/graphics driver etc' issue instead of Cubase that was causing the problems.

C7.0.1 is running beautifully here. Not one issue, apart from not having more than 24 in a day to use it. It's brilliant.
The plugins, and graphics drivers, have NOTHING to do with issues that frustrate me most. If Cubase is running "beautifully" for you congratulations. Maybe you can solve the confirmed by Steinberg reported bugs, some of which should never have gone past a version 7 beta tester...if beta testers even existed before us.

Are you using 3 screens with all 3 mixers open, including the project screen with alternating key editor, drum editor, and sample editors?

Have you read the numerous issues in this form about these mixer gui/sizing problems?

Do you use key commands for the rack? I doubt it because they didn't exist until today. Can you tell me why there are so many inconsistencies within key commands? Why does the key command open and close media bay window, but the key command for the history window only opens but no closing? How much effort would be involved fixing these little issues before Steinberg releases more "features" that appeal to casual users which in turn create more problems?

This is known as focusing on core functionality. Fixing long-standing problems that are core to the DAW...NOT better VSTI's or improved fx, or fancier reverbs. These are issues I think frustrate loyal Cubase users.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 am
by skug
greggybud wrote:How much effort would be involved fixing these little issues before Steinberg releases more "features" that appeal to casual users which in turn create more problems?

This is known as focusing on core functionality. Fixing long-standing problems that are core to the DAW...NOT better VSTI's or improved fx, or fancier reverbs. These are issues I think frustrate loyal Cubase users.
I was a "bedroom producer" before I started to outgrow SX3 and now I'm going guns with C7.

Maybe I am not so loyal as to miss so many versions but there comes a time when something you want to do on your OS requires you to upgrade your DAW and holding out bears no fruit.

Anyway I am really happy with C7 but I don't understand what "casual user" features you are referring to?

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 am
by greggybud
skug wrote:
greggybud wrote:How much effort would be involved fixing these little issues before Steinberg releases more "features" that appeal to casual users which in turn create more problems?

This is known as focusing on core functionality. Fixing long-standing problems that are core to the DAW...NOT better VSTI's or improved fx, or fancier reverbs. These are issues I think frustrate loyal Cubase users.
I was a "bedroom producer" before I started to outgrow SX3 and now I'm going guns with C7.

Maybe I am not so loyal as to miss so many versions but there comes a time when something you want to do on your OS requires you to upgrade your DAW and holding out bears no fruit.

Anyway I am really happy with C7 but I don't understand what "casual user" features you are referring to?
I refer to "casual user" as a new user, or one who just occasionally uses Cubase.

As far as features, I just mentioned the problems. Go look at all the threads about the poorly designed rack gui. I can't explain the key command issues any more clear. If you know of a secret key command to close the history window please let me know!

Have you ever "squashed" the rack to try and fit in more mixer channels? Have you ever expanded the rack vertically, then close it and the mixer gui is in a different position on the screen? Have you ever added a track on the project page in a track folder, and then have to go through 10 more mouse clicks in the mixer to make it show up in the proper position in the mixer? The basic concept here is that if you put a track inside a folder on the project page it should reflect the same in the mixer....but it doesn't. The newly added track will always appear by default on the left side in the mixer.

Steinberg released version 7 without any key commands for the rack. IMO that is something they should have included from the start. I don't think it's that difficult, but it appears as if they were in a rush to release it.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 am
by skug
Admittedly I kinda prefer a fixed layout but I can get used to it I guess and over time it will grow on me.

Having said that I don't often change the size of windows, generally I use the window menu to select between them and I have only a single monitor.

It did strike me as a bit strange though how the mixer scrunches up but once I show only the screen elements I want and channel types it is actually quite nice to use.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 am
by mrjixies
Oke a lot of bugs are solved... Unfortunately stay on top still not works on the 2nd monitor, will this be fixed in the following update?

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 am
by Steve Helstrip
Hate to whine, but yet another sloppy release. What cracks me up most is the even the icon on Mac has weird artefacts (not sharp and none transparent background). How difficult is THAT to fix. Lol.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 am
by Maincat
greggybud wrote:
Maincat wrote:
groovechild wrote: The fact that so many C7 users are having major problems with C7 should be a BIG embarrassment :oops: to Steinberg whom consider themselves to be one of the best professional DAWs in the music industry.........really :?:
Cubase is one of the best DAWs. I'm waiting for all the posts saying 'sorry, it was a plugin/mouse driver (already had one of those)/graphics driver etc' issue instead of Cubase that was causing the problems.

C7.0.1 is running beautifully here. Not one issue, apart from not having more than 24 in a day to use it. It's brilliant.
The plugins, and graphics drivers, have NOTHING to do with issues that frustrate me most. If Cubase is running "beautifully" for you congratulations. Maybe you can solve the confirmed by Steinberg reported bugs, some of which should never have gone past a version 7 beta tester...if beta testers even existed before us.

Are you using 3 screens with all 3 mixers open, including the project screen with alternating key editor, drum editor, and sample editors?

Have you read the numerous issues in this form about these mixer gui/sizing problems?

Do you use key commands for the rack? I doubt it because they didn't exist until today. Can you tell me why there are so many inconsistencies within key commands? Why does the key command open and close media bay window, but the key command for the history window only opens but no closing? How much effort would be involved fixing these little issues before Steinberg releases more "features" that appeal to casual users which in turn create more problems?

This is known as focusing on core functionality. Fixing long-standing problems that are core to the DAW...NOT better VSTI's or improved fx, or fancier reverbs. These are issues I think frustrate loyal Cubase users.
My setup is complicated, going back to kit from 1987, sorry only two monitors. Loyal Cubase user? I met David Nicholson (look him up) in 1989
who gave me a Cubase 1.0 disk for the Atari, so please, keep your patronising comments to yourself.

C7.0.2 is running beautifully here. Yes I read the forum comments (have done for some time). I've worked in software development (have you?) and I'm telling you, bugs and *flower* happens. They're working on it. Don't you think they know about the bugs? *knuf*, how did Mozart manage? Those quills were man-eaters.

Now I'm going to make music, have fun. If Cubase doesn't work for you, there's plenty of alternatives. Some of those have bugs too.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 am
by Guest
looks like the *flower* is hitting the fan ! 7 years later you are now seeing the full integration of yamaha , my bet is yamaha have taken over writing code for cubase and that's why the design and the 3 party look of the mixer is there ,it's not a steinberg thing it's a yamaha *knuf* up , do you really want software designed by a company that make PRS range of keyboards lol ..... this time i am personally staying on c7 as im not up for buying yamaha software so it the words of the dragons ................IM OUT !

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm
by Subpantelis
Whassup? What's going on here? Why is everybody qqing? C7 is great and the 7.02 update has fixed loads of issues.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 pm
by ALSTUDIOS
maaaquemeseyo wrote:Good news. But please don't forget to fix the Euphonix/Avid Transport issue (transport function is working as the scrubb function).

Thanks. :D
Hello

fully support this request :!:


Cheers

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm
by cmbourget
filterfreak wrote:looks like the *flower* is hitting the fan ! 7 years later you are now seeing the full integration of yamaha , my bet is yamaha have taken over writing code for cubase and that's why the design and the 3 party look of the mixer is there ,it's not a steinberg thing it's a yamaha *knuf* up , do you really want software designed by a company that make PRS range of keyboards lol ..... this time i am personally staying on c7 as im not up for buying yamaha software so it the words of the dragons ................IM OUT !
It is an explanation, in fact, for the mixconsole, with its different design of cubase. However, it was easy to adapt. Perhaps Steinberg tests customer...

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:27 pm
by Jurij
Subpantelis wrote:Whassup? What's going on here? Why is everybody qqing? C7 is great and the 7.02 update has fixed loads of issues.

what planet you live? I cannot load my old project from 7.0.1, seems to be problems with some plugs? some connections? who know, I've to spend half day now to find the problem or back to 6.5.4? More problems than before, because if is all perfect for you means you dont know about music composition or production. Please dont be offended by that, it's not my intention but C7 does not work as the promised and we payed a lot for updating from 6.5. This is not honest, not fair.

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:30 pm
by djchristhomas
i had some issues from passing from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2.it drived me crazy all night,things like bad calour settings,no more knoobs in the mixer & some other issues.
So i went on the download center of steinberg ,and i downloaded the install core data for cubase 7.
i installed it on top of the cubase update 7.0.2.
And by magic,everything seems to be working perfectly.
i hope it helps some of you out there. ;)