Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Jurij

Re: Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement

Post by Jurij » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:41 pm

I've found a bug, the C7 7.0.2 does not load my 7.0.1 project under 64bit mode, all works when we are in 32bit. But swiching from 64 bit to 32 lost all new fantastic mixer configuration design did in 64bit mode. Graphical mixer problem under 32bitmode right side does not complete the graphics, looks like some will be after the master stereo out, look the picts. So now in 32bit mode I can load my old projects from 6.5.3. and 7.0.1 without crash.

Thanks Steinberg for the new incredible update.
Attachments
mixer not finished.jpg
(1.07 MiB) Not downloaded yet
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

Subpantelis

Post by Subpantelis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Jurij wrote:
Subpantelis wrote:Whassup? What's going on here? Why is everybody qqing? C7 is great and the 7.02 update has fixed loads of issues.

what planet you live? I cannot load my old project from 7.0.1, seems to be problems with some plugs? some connections? who know, I've to spend half day now to find the problem or back to 6.5.4? More problems than before, because if is all perfect for you means you dont know about music composition or production. Please dont be offended by that, it's not my intention but C7 does not work as the promised and we payed a lot for updating from 6.5. This is not honest, not fair.
I don't understand anything about music composition or production because my projects load fine? That's a hell of a logic.
Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz ¦ 16 GB DDR3 ¦ 128 GB SSD ¦ 2 TB SATA 7200 rpm ¦ NVidia GeForce GTX 680 ¦ Line 6 UX2
Windows 7 Home 64bit ¦ Cubase 7.0.6 64bit ¦ All plugins 64bit

Mauri

Post by Mauri » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Subpantelis wrote:
Jurij wrote:
Subpantelis wrote:Whassup? What's going on here? Why is everybody qqing? C7 is great and the 7.02 update has fixed loads of issues.

what planet you live? I cannot load my old project from 7.0.1, seems to be problems with some plugs? some connections? who know, I've to spend half day now to find the problem or back to 6.5.4? More problems than before, because if is all perfect for you means you dont know about music composition or production. Please dont be offended by that, it's not my intention but C7 does not work as the promised and we payed a lot for updating from 6.5. This is not honest, not fair.
I don't understand anything about music composition or production because my projects load fine? That's a hell of a logic.

@Sub, me too, seems I've been playing air guitar for decades and did'nt know it...maybe I'm using 'air Cubase' now.

Sorry for those who are having problems. One thing I would say is, don't use plugins below VST 2.4 although I'm using 'SHEPPi Free Spatial Enhancer' spacial plugin and that one is VST2.3 and is 32bit to boot, but seems to work fine so far.

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 10 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 9.5 | i7 5930K @ 4.7GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | ASUS GeForce GT 730 2GB silent | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

Subpantelis

Post by Subpantelis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Yeah, old plugins are probably the culprit here.
As said, I don't have any issues with loading projects or stability in 7.02. But then all my plugins are 64bit and > VST 2.4. I did a plugins streamlining before first installing C7. Back then, I realised that I had tons of plugins that were actually doing more or less the same. For example, zillions of different compressors, although I mainly use RComp and PsP comps. So I got rid of old stuff and kept only original 64bit versions, mostly Waves, PsP and NI. No JBridge, no old VST versions. I haven't experienced any stability problems, not with 7.0, 7.01 or 7.02.
Of course, when I open an old project that used to have an old plugin loaded, I have to load a corresponding Waves or PsP one instead and tweak a little bit. But this ain't much of a problem.

Cheers.
Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz ¦ 16 GB DDR3 ¦ 128 GB SSD ¦ 2 TB SATA 7200 rpm ¦ NVidia GeForce GTX 680 ¦ Line 6 UX2
Windows 7 Home 64bit ¦ Cubase 7.0.6 64bit ¦ All plugins 64bit

Jurij

Post by Jurij » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Subpantelis wrote:Yeah, old plugins are probably the culprit here.
As said, I don't have any issues with loading projects or stability in 7.02. But then all my plugins are 64bit and > VST 2.4. I did a plugins streamlining before first installing C7. Back then, I realised that I had tons of plugins that were actually doing more or less the same. For example, zillions of different compressors, although I mainly use RComp and PsP comps. So I got rid of old stuff and kept only original 64bit versions, mostly Waves, PsP and NI. No JBridge, no old VST versions. I haven't experienced any stability problems, not with 7.0, 7.01 or 7.02.
Of course, when I open an old project that used to have an old plugin loaded, I have to load a corresponding Waves or PsP one instead and tweak a little bit. But this ain't much of a problem.

Cheers.

the big problems seems to be under OSX 10.7 or 10.8 not windows.... Im using C7 with Native instruments, PSP, Spectrasonics all updated to newest versions. No k software or plugs on my mac. So most of the windows users are happy, mac users still in big troubles.
MacPro 8 cores, Macbook Pro, 16Gb Ram, 5 hds, RME fireface UFX, OsX 10.7.5, Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5.3, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate, Izotope Plugs, PSP Plugs, IK Multimedia complete bundle, Nebula 3, MetricHalo Channelstrip, XLN Additive Drums and Keys, Spectrasonics Stylus, Omnisphere, Trillian, Eastwest Platinum Orchestra.

billcarroll

Post by billcarroll » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Jurij wrote:
Subpantelis wrote:Yeah, old plugins are probably the culprit here.

Cheers.

the big problems seems to be under OSX 10.7 or 10.8 not windows.... Im using C7 with Native instruments, PSP, Spectrasonics all updated to newest versions. No k software or plugs on my mac. So most of the windows users are happy, mac users still in big troubles.
Good way to check your plugins on a mac ...

http://pluginupdate.com

It's in beta still, but working pretty darn well. Misreports a few steinberg plugins for me, but get most versions right.
Cubase 8.5.20 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Mac OS 10.11.6

Jurij

Post by Jurij » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 am

Good way to check your plugins on a mac ...

http://pluginupdate.com

It's in beta still, but working pretty darn well. Misreports a few steinberg plugins for me, but get most versions right.[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the info, finally someone is suggesting interesting things. So unfortunately all my plugs are already updated to 64bit versions and the problems are still there. I repeat not problems on 64bit with 6.5.4 only with C7. So why the plugs works fine with the old 64bit versions? We will see the solutions next 2 months when steinback will ask us other 100€ to update to 7.5.

Mauri

Post by Mauri » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 am

@Jurij,

Steinberg does not charge for updates, only upgrades. The only time this has happened (iirc) was with C6.x to 6.5 and the update (voluntary!) included two Steinberg synths which made it a bit more than a normal update.
There was a free update 6.x to 6.0.7 which included all the fixes 6.5 has, but not the synths.

I don't know why you keep saying Steinberg charges for updates when it is not true.

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 10 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 9.5 | i7 5930K @ 4.7GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | ASUS GeForce GT 730 2GB silent | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

Jurij

Post by Jurij » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 am

Mauri wrote:@Jurij,

Steinberg does not charge for updates, only upgrades. The only time this has happened (iirc) was with C6.x to 6.5 and the update (voluntary!) included two Steinberg synths which made it a bit more than a normal update.
There was a free update 6.x to 6.0.7 which included all the fixes 6.5 has, but not the synths.

I don't know why you keep saying Steinberg charges for updates when it is not true.

Mauri.

it's a point of view mauri, I brought all versions, 6 was buggy so we wait 7 releases for a stable version, 6.5 promised to solve other problems and yes new features, but 6.5.4 to have a semi stable versions, with a prerelease, they promise new features on 7, but after 2 months the software it's hardly unstable under osx version. I'm happy you are satisfied, but since last year we worked hoping not crash during the job waiting updates after updates, and payin in the meantime 2 times from 6 to 7. It's not a good policy in my humble opinion. Nuendo it's not out yet, you know why? Just wait we finish the beta testing under cubase.

it's only a point of view. Im happy to use cubase, i love it, i told that many times in the forum, but im feeling frustrated beta tester as other users under OSX. Now im back to 6.5.4 because it works much better than C7 in the same machine with same plugs, and in 32bit mode because 64bit make a lot of crashes as I reported with pictures. CPU sparks and performances issues. Next time I will buy the new "upgrade" of course but after 6 months or more from the official release.

We want respect and "sorry" somethimes not always.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 am

Mauri wrote:There was a free update 6.x to 6.0.7 which included all the fixes 6.5 has, but not the synths.
Mauri.
Not true! Versions 6.0 thru 6.0.7 screwed up the lane comping big style for audio and MIDI. The select (arrow) tool became a comping tool, whether you liked it or not. We had to pay the upgrade fee to have this fixed in 6.5.

Mauri

Post by Mauri » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

OldFecker wrote:
Mauri wrote:There was a free update 6.x to 6.0.7 which included all the fixes 6.5 has, but not the synths.
Mauri.
Not true! Versions 6.0 thru 6.0.7 screwed up the lane comping big style for audio and MIDI. The select (arrow) tool became a comping tool, whether you liked it or not. We had to pay the upgrade fee to have this fixed in 6.5.
If that is so, I'm sorry to be wrong there, but I was still happy to pay the $50.00 for the update/upgrade with the two synths. Those two alone are worth the money to me, plus of course the fixes which you pointed out.

BTW, did'nt C6.5 users get their 50 bucks back when upgrading to C?

Cheers,

Mauri.

Return to “Older Cubase versions”