Page 1 of 1

[R-10233] Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:08 pm
by Peter
I have made two faders in Device manager that now comes up in inspector window under Device Panel.
I use them to control effect sends on my Korg Kronos. And the controlling works fine.
But when I quit Cubase and start it up again the settings of the faders are not saved with the song.
They are both on zero.
But strangely enough if I just close the song, and not Cubase, and start up the same song again the faders setting are correct.
The advantage with device panels to control external synths, are that the settings for the song are being saved.
So I really wants this to work.
Anyone have a solution for this?

Re: Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:37 pm
by Peter
Damn this is irritating.
I really want my Device panel settings to be saved with the song.
And it wasn't corrected in 7.0.5 either.
Is there another way to do it? Something I missed?
Appreciate any help.

Re: Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 am
by Rotund
I made device panels for my MS2000, Nord Lead2 and TritonLe.
I have the same issue, I have lost some amazing sounds due to this little bug.
My work around is saving the patch before I close Nuendo. If I remember that is...
Next time I load the song the panels are all set to default, but at least my sound is there.

Not sure if that will work in your case.

Seems like this feature/functionality has been left at the door some time ago.
Haven't seen or heard of any updates to device panels in many years.
I can't even edit panels in any version past Nuendo 5.
As soon as I try to open a panel for editing, I get cascading error windows in all versions after 5.

Re: Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:39 pm
by Peter
Thanks for your answer Rotund.
Yes, its a pity that Steinberg don't fix this little bug because when you made Device Panels and use them they are really good.
OK, saving the patch every time is a solution, but if I have to load 2 times for every song I can as well save the song both in Kronos and Cubase instead.

Re: [R-10233] Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:31 pm
by JRoeper
Hi Peter,
Peter wrote:The advantage with device panels to control external synths, are that the settings for the song are being saved.
So I really wants this to work.
Anyone have a solution for this?
the only way to store the parameter states of a Midi-Device into a song is by writing automation for that Midi-Device. You can use snapshot-presets, to recall all parameters at once, when writing automation.

Best regards,
Janne.

Re: Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:39 pm
by JRoeper
Hi Rotund,
Rotund wrote:I can't even edit panels in any version past Nuendo 5.
As soon as I try to open a panel for editing, I get cascading error windows in all versions after 5.
I can't confirm that. I just tried it with Nuendo 5.1.1 and Nuendo 6.0.6 without having an obvious problem. Please be more specific.

Best regards,
Janne.

Re: [R-10233] Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:56 pm
by Rotund
Seems like this feature/functionality has been left at the door some time ago.
Haven't seen or heard of any updates to device panels in many years.
I can't even edit panels in any version past Nuendo 5.
As soon as I try to open a panel for editing, I get cascading error windows in all versions after 5.
When I wrote that it was true...now, in Nuendo 6.06 Panel editing is working again.
Glad it is working but I don't know why.

Re: [R-10233] Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:13 pm
by JRoeper
Hi Rotund,
Rotund wrote:...now, in Nuendo 6.06 Panel editing is working again.
Glad it is working but I don't know why.
ok, thanks.

Best regards,
Janne.

Re: [R-10233] Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:54 pm
by Peter
JRoeper wrote:Hi Peter,
Peter wrote:The advantage with device panels to control external synths, are that the settings for the song are being saved.
So I really wants this to work.
Anyone have a solution for this?
the only way to store the parameter states of a Midi-Device into a song is by writing automation for that Midi-Device. You can use snapshot-presets, to recall all parameters at once, when writing automation.

Best regards,
Janne.
OK, that is a solution for me.
Thanks Janne.

Re: [R-10233] Device panel settings not saved with song

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:33 pm
by JRoeper
Hi Peter,

I'm glad I could help :)

Best regards,
Janne.