Surface Control

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
theRoyal1

Re: Surface Control

Post by theRoyal1 »

G-string wrote:you need to follow all the steps for setting up automap with Cubase in the automap server , it explains it to you step by step ;)
This... exactly this ^

There is a certain procedure to setting it up and you have to do it that way as it needs to create the automaped vst.dll's for you.

If you don't do it in the way that they lay it out, it won't work. :evil:

I am now having to redo my setup as 7.05 is a POS update and when I reverted to 7.04 it figged up my automap install..
:geek:
Custom WS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=12TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+ Platinum | CM Cosmos II
Cubits : Cubase 10.5.12b123
CMC-TP | CMC-CH | CMC-PD | CMC-AI | 2xCMC-FD | CMC-QC

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti + Virus C | Maschine Studio + Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | Roland XV-5080 + JV-2080 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MicroMain27 Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416 | MOTU MidiXT | Roland TR-8, TB-3, VT-3 | Seiki SE50UY04

G-string

Post by G-string »

theRoyal1 wrote:
G-string wrote:you need to follow all the steps for setting up automap with Cubase in the automap server , it explains it to you step by step ;)
This... exactly this ^

There is a certain procedure to setting it up and you have to do it that way as it needs to create the automaped vst.dll's for you.

I am now having to redo my setup as 7.05 is a POS update and when I reverted to 7.04 it figged up my automap install..
really ??? how strange , automaps not perfect here but it has stayed the same with every update but I don't install any other software on top , have you installed anything else apart from the updates ? this is a pure DAW , Cubase ,wavelab midiquest ,halion and drivers and nothing else , maybe that's why ive had no conflicts ;)
I7 3770k - win7 64 bit - C7.5.20 - WL8e - Halion 5 - Padshop pro - Cmc - Midex 8 - Uad - Rme FF/ADi8pro - Automap 4.7.3 b

theRoyal1

Post by theRoyal1 »

G-string wrote:
theRoyal1 wrote:
This... exactly this ^

really ??? how strange , automaps not perfect here but it has stayed the same with every update but I don't install any other software on top , have you installed anything else apart from the updates ? this is a pure DAW , Cubase ,wavelab midiquest ,halion and drivers and nothing else , maybe that's why ive had no conflicts ;)
It was messed up when I reverted back to 7.04

I've since fixed the issue but I had to rescan the VST's...no biggie, as I'm more upset w/ 7.05 locking up on load... Might have to do some tinkerin'
Custom WS: i7 3930k | Corsair H100 | Sapphire HD7950 Dual X | 64GB Patriot Viper III DDR3 1866 | MSI BigBang XPower II | 8xSamsung EVO=12TB + 2xWD4001=8TB HDD | Enermax 1200w 80+ Platinum | CM Cosmos II
Cubits : Cubase 10.5.12b123
CMC-TP | CMC-CH | CMC-PD | CMC-AI | 2xCMC-FD | CMC-QC

Main Gear: Access Virus Ti + Virus C | Maschine Studio + Jam | Korg Triton pro 76 | Novation SL MKII | Roland XV-5080 + JV-2080 | Goliath HD | Barefoot MicroMain27 Gen2 | Mackie HR824 | Yamaha AW4416 | MOTU MidiXT | Roland TR-8, TB-3, VT-3 | Seiki SE50UY04

samwax

Post by samwax »

HughH wrote:filterfreak, let me make sure I have this straight:

The VST3 folder (with the Cubase Plug In Set) you're talking about is C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 7\VST3 . . . correct?

Because there is another one: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
which AutoMap CAN see into - but "Cubase VST3 Plugin Set" isn't in there . . .
My recent post here seems to have mysteriously vanished , to the above post , i keep all my Vst/s/i in a different drive n folder .sm
sam de crasto # Braying Donkey Studious ,Edirol UA 101 , MAudio Delta 66/ Midisport 8X8 Trigger Finger , Roland UM - 3G Boss BR 1600 CD , DR 770, Yamaha DTxpress, Tascam Us 428 , KRK V 4 , Tascam 246, Evolution MK 361C , Roland PC 200 MK II , UltrDyne Pro 9024, Axon AX 50 , Ztar Z6S , Digitech Studio Vocalist , Beringer Power play , Roland EQ 231 , Roland Protues modules , Guitar synths , RMC X 3 interfaces , Makie 24 /8 Buss... Audiophile 24/96 , C 6.5 Halionsonic , Halion 4 , lots of old samplers Roland s760 my last , Bitstream X3 , n more ..

samwax

Post by samwax »

[quote="theRoyal1"]I just picked up a Novation 25SL mkII
While I've only had 24 hrs to dig in, so far it's nice...This along w/my CMC units, I can pretty much control anything from my desktop...

That said, If you don't want/need the keys, they also have a keyless version called the Zero...

HI , sorry 4 the bother , I just got the novation zero SL MK II , which version of win n auto map do u use ?? n is it 64 Bit , after installing the C 6.5 update , together with the zero , it crashes C 6.5 on exit ... any suggestions pls ??? thanks sam
sam de crasto # Braying Donkey Studious ,Edirol UA 101 , MAudio Delta 66/ Midisport 8X8 Trigger Finger , Roland UM - 3G Boss BR 1600 CD , DR 770, Yamaha DTxpress, Tascam Us 428 , KRK V 4 , Tascam 246, Evolution MK 361C , Roland PC 200 MK II , UltrDyne Pro 9024, Axon AX 50 , Ztar Z6S , Digitech Studio Vocalist , Beringer Power play , Roland EQ 231 , Roland Protues modules , Guitar synths , RMC X 3 interfaces , Makie 24 /8 Buss... Audiophile 24/96 , C 6.5 Halionsonic , Halion 4 , lots of old samplers Roland s760 my last , Bitstream X3 , n more ..

Focusrite_Novation

Post by Focusrite_Novation »

samwax wrote:HI finally received the the Novatation Zero SL MK II , loads drivers , auto map 4.7 etc , set it up in device manager , it only shows Novatation Midi In , no SL MK II as its supposed to show , with c 6.5 , the zero hardware screen says auto map in of line mode , nothings i press works , read some googles , it has issues in win 7 x 64 , any one has this experience?? or solutions thanks sm
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Are you connected to a hub at all? If so please remove this and connect the controller directly to a dedicated port using the supplied cable. Eventually try another cable and or port.

Please don't hesitate to contact us, should you have any further query.

With best regards,

Marcel // Focusrite Novation Support

G-string

Post by G-string »

Focusrite_Novation wrote:
samwax wrote:HI finally received the the Novatation Zero SL MK II , loads drivers , auto map 4.7 etc , set it up in device manager , it only shows Novatation Midi In , no SL MK II as its supposed to show , with c 6.5 , the zero hardware screen says auto map in of line mode , nothings i press works , read some googles , it has issues in win 7 x 64 , any one has this experience?? or solutions thanks sm
Hi Sam,

Are you connected to a hub at all? If so please remove this and connect the controller directly to a dedicated port using the supplied cable. Eventually try another cable and or port.

With best regards,

Marcel a little off topic but could you tell me when the issue of the resizing of "big meter " is going to be addressed ?

regards
john
Last edited by G-string on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I7 3770k - win7 64 bit - C7.5.20 - WL8e - Halion 5 - Padshop pro - Cmc - Midex 8 - Uad - Rme FF/ADi8pro - Automap 4.7.3 b

papi61

Post by papi61 »

IMHO the CMC system is the best and most effective solution to control Cubase without using the mouse. Sure, it may take some time to adapt to the FD's, especially if you come from a traditional mixer background, but in the end they do offer a superior experience to anything else I've tried (my opinion and my needs. Your mileage, of course, may vary...)

I could no longer work without "smart" faders. The whole system, unfortunately, is still pretty expensive for most people. And using a single FD module which you continuously shift is just too much of a hassle. Maybe Steinberg should start thinking about money-saving bundles. That way they would definitely move a lot more CMC units.

And BTW, how about allowing more than 4 FD units to be used with the same system? Even with four FD's, I still have to shift channels a lot more often than I want.
Desktop: i7 3770k, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX770 + GT640-DCSL fanless, 3 monitors (30" 2560x1600 + 2x 27" 1920x1080), 256 GB SSD (OS), 2 TB SATA III (audio), 3 TB SATA III (sample libraries), 3x 3 TB USB 3.0 (backup/archives), RME UFX, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Slaves: 2x i7 2700k, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 3 TB SATA III, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Laptop: 17" HP EliteBook 8770w (i7 3820QM 2.7 Ghz/3.7 Ghz max OC, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III), RME Babyface, Win 7 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3.

indiescore

Post by indiescore »

papi61 wrote:IMHO the CMC system is the best and most effective solution to control Cubase without using the mouse. Sure, it may take some time to adapt to the FD's, especially if you come from a traditional mixer background, but in the end they do offer a superior experience to anything else I've tried (my opinion and my needs. Your mileage, of course, may vary...)

I could no longer work without "smart" faders. The whole system, unfortunately, is still pretty expensive for most people. And using a single FD module which you continuously shift is just too much of a hassle. Maybe Steinberg should start thinking about money-saving bundles. That way they would definitely move a lot more CMC units.

And BTW, how about allowing more than 4 FD units to be used with the same system? Even with four FD's, I still have to shift channels a lot more often than I want.
Been using the TP. For over a year and its performance is rock solid..........also use the PD for key switching strings and it works great.
Windows 10 w latest update
Cubase 10 pro w latest update
INTEL CORE I7-4790K 4.0 GHZ + 10 % over clock , water cooled.
32GB DDR3 2133 MHZ
GIGABYTE Z97X-GAMING 7 Motherboard
Project drive M.2. Form factor , SSD
2x internal SSD, 2x external SSD USB 3

Jari Junttila

Post by Jari Junttila »

They should bring back the CMC Six-pack offer(299€)
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2013/02/ ... ne-bundle/
Format c:

papi61

Post by papi61 »

Jari Junttila wrote:They should bring back the CMC Six-pack offer(299€)
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2013/02/ ... ne-bundle/
I didn't know they ever had that. Maybe it was only in Europe?

Sounds like a great idea. How about the "six-pack" plus an extra three FD modules for $500? I'm sure many Cubase users would be happy to buy such a "complete" package at a bundle price. Heck, I paid well over a grand for that when the CMC series came out!
Desktop: i7 3770k, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX770 + GT640-DCSL fanless, 3 monitors (30" 2560x1600 + 2x 27" 1920x1080), 256 GB SSD (OS), 2 TB SATA III (audio), 3 TB SATA III (sample libraries), 3x 3 TB USB 3.0 (backup/archives), RME UFX, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Slaves: 2x i7 2700k, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 3 TB SATA III, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Laptop: 17" HP EliteBook 8770w (i7 3820QM 2.7 Ghz/3.7 Ghz max OC, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III), RME Babyface, Win 7 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3.

samwax

Post by samwax »

Focusrite_Novation wrote:
Hi Sam,

With best regards,

thanks 4 ur reply , for sure i never use a splitter or USB HUb for any thing on my audio PC ..
if u pls browse thru this forum u will realize that , a lot of people have the same problem .... thanks sam

Focusrite_Novation

Post by Focusrite_Novation »

samwax wrote: thanks 4 ur reply , for sure i never use a splitter or USB HUb for any thing on my audio PC ..
if u pls browse thru this forum u will realize that , a lot of people have the same problem .... thanks sam
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.

Please un- and reinstall Automap 4.7 as an administrator by right clicking on the software.

Make sure to remove/ close any further devices or software and use only the minimum required to operate with your controller.

A screenshot of the available MIDI-Ports within Cubase should be quite helpful.

Let me know, if you need any further help.

With best regards,

Return to “Older Cubase versions”