Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness

Hi,

You could save the Quick Control settings as the Quick Control preset to speed it up.

But I agree, it would be nice to have it in the Generic Remote Device as a parameter. The problem is, there are automatable parameters only in the Generic Remote Device.

wow this really helped me a lot man thank you so much and a big thumbs up for there tips

Good Post! Thank you. My favorite part “When using Logical Editor”
The more powerful the software the more important setup and templates
become. This should be a regular thread.
Umair

i’m curious, is there any fast way to put takes from Lane to selected audiotracks at original position ?

Hi,

No, this is not possible. The takes don’t know about the position. It’s one long file, which is virtually split in Cubase to the lanes.

Anyone know, how to revert all changes on recorded audio track?

My client asking for RAW recording.
But there 10-25 takes, and some of them with VariAudio, some with Audio Aligment & etc.

I know the recorded file in Cubase Pool stay untouched, but how to delete modified one, and replace with original recorded?

Hi,

All edited files should be stored in the Edits folder. So if you rename this folder, Cube should use the source files (hopefully).

In that folder sorted only DOP audiofiles, files with Variaudio & warp info stays Virtually inside cubase (as i understand correctly)

I found how to reset changes in every audio clip, i should open Audio Editor:

1. AudioWarp tab - press Reset
  2. VariAudio tab- press Functions - Reset all changes.
    This method works, but i should do this in every clip.

Tried to make macro with this 2 function, but no luck :frowning:

I think, if you hold down CTL whilst dragging them they will snap to the same position! If you also hold ALT + CTL and drag they will copy to the same position!
Not sure if this will work with the range tool though, just snip the original file to taste and use the above modifier.
Cheers,
PC

Any one know is there a way to send Channel Name to Lemur/metagrid/touchosc & etc.?
The idea is see Channel name beside faders on iPad.

Also, I wonna map my akai apc mini, which has RGB pads, to some macros/actions inside cubase. For ex. When I push “open folder“ light on, when I push it again light go off.
Just for visual feedback

Mess around with the Generic Remote in Device Setup and play with the toggle settings. That can get messy though if MIDI messages are not received, the light can become reversed and there is nothing I am aware of that keeps the command. You’ll need to see what messages are sent when pressed and released. MIDI monitor is a great little app that is free for Mac.

Creating cycle markers from the Arranger track (for navigation and to export loops)

I often mark out a song using the arranger track first (as it’s easier to see from across the studio whilst I’m playing an instrument) but I use the Marker track window when I’m mixing, so I can navigate quickly between sections, or during export for specific cycle marker sections.

It’s done on a macro (not completely elegant though it does save a lot of key presses) which creates one cycle marker per arranger segment, then moves to the next arranger segment with one key press - so you have to press the key you bind to the macro multiple times (once for each arranger segment), but it’s better than the alternative (select arranger block, press p, press “insert cycle marker” and repeat).

So, the macro looks like this:
arranger to cycle markers screenshot.JPG
Make sure you are on the Arranger track or it will just create cycle markers for the events of the track you’re on!
There’s probably some elegant way of integrating the macro into the Project Logical editor to make it more robust but this works for me for now.

There isn’t a way to do this in reverse (ie create the arranger track from markers) within a macro as there is no “create arranger block” in the command list, unfortunately!

Hope that helps!

Cheers
Stootz

Here is my tip:

You can easily make your own very professional DIY Cubase / Nuendo hardware controller. I bought a Stream Deck, custom made all the Cubase icons for the LCD buttons and can now access all my important key commands and DAW functions through visual buttons.

You can check out more images here!

It’s actually pretty cool, because the icons will also toggle on / off and give visual feedback (eg. automation panel opened / automation panel closed)

I created over 60 stylish buttons / icons which are kept within the Cubase / Nuendo design philosophy (red / white / black).

Cheers,
Walter

2 Likes

Interesting but isn’t it easier to use the arrangers themselves to navigate around when mixing each individual section and even export ?

Doesn’t this end up taking more clicks / time to scroll through the pages of buttons to get to what you want as opposed to just directly using a key command or macro ?

Of course I use key commands as well, but also the Stream Deck and I even have some key commands stored in my mouse (Roccat Tyon). I am sure you could also make good music using just a plastic bucket, but a guitar or keyboard are still nice to have if you know what I mean (;

Using the Stream Deck comes in handy when you work long hours or when you are under time pressure, its nice to have a little helper to make your workflow a little smoother and can fall back on colorful easy to read icons that don’t need much brain power.

It’s also great if you work with many apps (like Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Cubase, Wavelab). Good luck remembering 200+ key commands. Stream Deck can sense which app you are working with and will then serve you the icons you need. Its also great for a URL link list. I just got done configuring it to use IFTTT… with it I can now control all my smart home devices, turn on / off lights, air condition heating aso. Pretty nerdy but very convenient.

I find it very helpful because you can use it for many things (also for streaming with OBS). If you want more icons, there is also the Stream Deck XL which has 32 LCD keys.

1 Like

Since we’re showing off pictures of buttons (yes we are that nerdy).

2 Likes

Hi Raino, that is very good work!
Too much to ask if you could share some macros and logical edits?
Like “every other note vel -4”, and the inversions and drops?

Sure here is the every other

Although an alternative way to select based on bar position is often more useful

The drops and inversions are just regular Key Commands in the Chords section.

1 Like

Great! Thanks!