powered off UAD plugins don't process when powered on

For users of legacy Steinberg Nuendo software
Woodcrest Studio

Re: powered off UAD plugins don't process when powered on

Post by Woodcrest Studio »

I'm totally with you with the paranoia. I gave up sending in support tickets and talking to reps (in person mind you at AES and on the phone when there was phone support) about issues and never saw much if anything come from my effort to report in. Thats why I will not upgrade to 5.5 for a while and why my cubase licenses are sitting at previous versions (v4 and v5 licenses) but guess what? When Pro Tools 10 comes out, I will get that without a doubt. sorry to get a bit off topic... Just my thoughts surrounding this stuff.

I read the PDC was fixed, but honestly that will not lead me to upgrade anytime soon... Especially with the corrupt project thread still alive. Its not worth my time (I work 50-60 hrs a week) and I don't want anymore work to fall on the def because it would tick me off like it has in the past. Now Steinberg has more prosumer products and where are we... Patient.... waiting.... reporting.... working around.... but mixing and recording anyway because it is in our blood and ears to do so.

Anyway... sorry if this seems like a rant. It isn't. Just history and my current reality in my noggin.

I do really give you and the other users a lot of credit for finding and reporting issues. I just hope you all don't burn out like I did doing it.

TuckerMix

Post by TuckerMix »

Well, I agree in sorts.

I mean protools has upped its game A LOT. It's tempting now that UAD is happy there. I mean I have PT9, cause I have to, but there are things I like and things I don't. Either way its simple and stable. Not that advance though.

My problem with Nuendo these days is its seems the advanced features have run out of control and their logic is trampling over other feature logic all over the place. Nuendo is a probably, and will always be, the most advance DAW ever. But these days I just wanna get work, post production in LA is protools unfortunately, I wanna get work done quickly, easily, so whoever gets me there is going to win.

Also the top DAWs are hovering around $500 now. And Nuendo is still like $1800 or something. For that price there can't be PDC, mixer routing, plugins don't process, ie significant issues. I just won't tollerate it... and I don't have to when protools and logic are $500.

Now back to getting this thing fixed!

Fredo?

TuckerMix

Post by TuckerMix »

So I do my part and provide repro and yet I here no reply from SB...

What is the status of this issue?

Thorsten Marx

Post by Thorsten Marx »

Hi,
the bug is filed and reproduced. We'll try to fix that for the next maintenance update.

Best regards,
Thorsten
Thorsten Marx, Product Planning Manager Pro Audio
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Paul Baekelandt

Post by Paul Baekelandt »

Ah ! Good to know.
Thank you.

Paul
Nuendo 8 - ASUS P6T - I 7 975 - Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Wavelab Pro 9 - Rack PC
Wavelab Pro 9 - Laptop Win 7 Pro 64 bit - UAD2 Satellite
RME MADI - SSL XLogic Alpha Link MADI AX (3x)
Isochrone OCX - UAD2 Quad x2 - SSL Duende PCIe
TL Audio VTC 32

TuckerMix

Post by TuckerMix »

Fantastic!

Thorsten Marx

Post by Thorsten Marx »

Hi,
on deeper investigation by our developers it turned out that this issue cannot be fixed on our side. As far as we can see, the UAD plugins optimize their signal flow internally, which doesn't seem to initialize reliably when we are re-ordering.
We're in touch with UAD in order to check for a solution.

Sorry about the bad news.
Thorsten
Thorsten Marx, Product Planning Manager Pro Audio
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

zvenx

Post by zvenx »

ok. but so you know.....it started with Nuendo 4, that is the bypassing or powered on not the reordering.....that is, one day it worked fine with Nuendo 3, I installed Nuendo 4 with the same version of UAD plugins and bam problem... also are cubendo the only hosts with this problem?
anyway hoping the tag you are it doesn't go on for much longer
rsp
richard sven patterson
sound sculptist
--------------------------
Nuendo 10| Gigabyte GAX79UP4 : Intel Hex Core Ivy Bridge Extreme 4930K : 32GB RAM | Windows 10 64bit| Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 10 | MacBookPro Retina 2.8Ghz Quad Core I7 | 10.14.5 | 16GB | NI Komplete Audio 6 | UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad |

WebKruzer

Post by WebKruzer »

Has a solution to this problem been found?

Return to “Older Nuendo versions”