How to install HSO full version with Cubase 6 on win7

For users of legacy Steinberg VST Instruments | VST Effects software
Timmm

How to install HSO full version with Cubase 6 on win7

Post by Timmm » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi,

I bought HSO full version like 4 years ago when I bought in the same time Cubase 4.
Everything was working perfectly.

But now I own Cubase 6 and I tried to install my full HSO (there are 4 CD to install) but it works only for the first one.
When you install HSO, after the 1 CD installed, windows asks for a reboot and then after, to install the three next CD's.
So I did it, but it doesn't works, the install doesn't work. I re-installed it and nothing more happened.

Can you help me about How to install the others CD ?

Thank you so much for your help (and sorry if something close to my topic is already created)

Chris Beuermann

Re: How to install HSO full version with Cubase 6 on win7

Post by Chris Beuermann » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Hello,

The installation works on a Windows 7 computer. What do you mean exactly with "the instllation doesn't work" ? What happens when you double click on the "PC Install Content" icon ? (it can take some time depending on the system befor the installation window will pop-up).

Please be sure that background tasks like for example a virus scanner are disabled during the installation.

Cheers,

Chris

Timmm

Post by Timmm » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Ok sorry.

Well, actually when I put the 1st CD, windows doesn't execute automatically the installation, I must open the CD and then click on "execute". That's weard... And it does the same for the other CDs, so I guess because it doesn't do it automatically so the install process doen't work properly...

I mean that after the reboot, nothing happens. I remember that windows has to ask to continue the installation with the 2, 3 and 4 CD's after the reboot. But with win7 windows doesn't ask and so I can't continue the installation.
I tried to execute the CD 2 but it doesn't install it.

I don't know what to do. And I check for DD memory because HSO takes 27 GB. I only have 30 GB free, maybe I need more space ?

Timmm

Post by Timmm » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 pm

I tried a few others requests but it still doesn't work.

Someone could help me please ? Or does someone could tell me who I have to ask ?

Thank you

JLM

Post by JLM » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:25 pm

I successfully installed it a week ago on Win7 (64 Bit). It just asked for the next DVD like it should be. Works fine with Cubase 6...

Only thing i can`t get to work is Halion One not finding its samples, even if i directly tell it where they are... Whatever, i have halion 4 ;)
Using: Cubase, Halion Symphonic Orchestra, HALion, The Grand, Kontakt, Session Strings Pro, Session Horns Pro, BFD, Padshop, ...
VSTs and Cubase for Linux and my Windows is gone.

Return to “Legacy Steinberg VST Instruments | VST Effects”