How to use Groove Agent 2 on W7 64

For users of legacy Steinberg VST Instruments | VST Effects software

How to use Groove Agent 2 on W7 64

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:16 am

Hi !

Because of the LCC installer that launches prior to the plugin installer itself and because it is not compatible with W7 64, installing Groove Agent 2 on this OS is not possible. You'll get this error message http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic. ... 613346ead0

The solution is to install it on a machine using windows XP and then to copy the installation files on the new machine. You don't even have to install the banks : just copy the content folder (from the install CD) somewhere on your machine and locate it on first start of the application. But, I tried this and it did not work, the plugin did not show in Cubase (v6).

I then tried to launch the standalone version, out of curiosity. I got an error message telling me "msvcr71.dll" was missing on my machine.

If this happens to you : download the file from the internet (google it) and then put it in "C:\Windows\sysWOW64".

After that, you'll be able to use Groove Agent v2 on a machine using W7 64 bits and it works perfectly in Cubase (tested in C5 and C6 32 bit).

cwilkins

Re: How to use Groove Agent 2 on W7 64

Post by cwilkins » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi Jerome,
I am a licensed user of Groove Agent 1 and GA 2. When I attempted to install GA 2 on my wife's XP computer I was told to install GA 1 first (I was attempting to install from the "upgrade" disk. When I attempted to install GA 1, the computer told me to install from the original CD! Since I was doing that - I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck Wilkins
Chuck Wilkins

fiddler2007

Post by fiddler2007 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:24 am

Interesting .... i wonder if it works on 64 bit systems using Cubase 64bit too, like Virtual Guitarist 2 does using Jbridge on my system .... -F

rollasoc

Post by rollasoc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:36 pm

I had the same issue with GA1 asking for the original CD.
I ended up ripping out my bluray player and installing an old cd drive. Then it installed.

To get GA2 to then install.
I uninstalled the current licencer
Installed GA2
Rebooted
Installed the latest licenser

GA2 now seems to work ok as a stand alone. I've managed to get it to work in Cubase 8
though it isn't recognised if I open old songs.

alanpo

Post by alanpo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:15 pm

I got an error message telling me "msvcr71.dll" was missing on my machine.
. Had the same problem in about a month ago. To solve it it took some time, however, I did it. And my decision was about use fix dll tool like this one: http://fix4dll.com/d3dx9_42_dll .It helped me a lot. Good Luck

Return to “Legacy Steinberg VST Instruments | VST Effects”