MI4 Impending Nightmare, can anyone help?

Greetings:

I am that guy who has just made the leap from Mac Leopard to Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on my iMac. Of course, in standard technology fashion, it seems that my trusty MI4 interface is no longer usable with this upgrade. Is there anyone, ANYone over at Steinberg who can resolve this issue or come up with an updated driver? Or am I now stuck having to spend more money on a new interface? I have had zero problems with this guy, and I see no palpable reason to have to come out of pocket simply because Steve Jobs’ minions have decided to “slim down” the OSX format. Please note that should I be forced to make a purchase due to the lack of compatibility for the new system, it will not be here. Kindly advise, and if anyone else wants to jump in with any suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

Dazed & Confused.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Just today that Steinberg has announced new Win 7/OS X drivers for some discontinued products such as Midex3/8.

I’m waiting that they will release new drivers for MI 4 as well.

Jeez I sure hope so. Went out and got a low-budget replacement and though it satisfies my basic needs, I’m thoroughly, thoroughly Pssd.

SIDEBAR SUCCESS!

As it turns out, I did my research and ended up partitioning my HD to run both 10.5.8 and 10.6, the former being mainly for my DAW & the MI4 combo. Sadly, the new Interface I bought has a no-refund policy Sigh. E-bay, here I come!

Download the new driver for 10.6.8 here:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/unsupported_products/cubase_system4_mi4.html

:stuck_out_tongue: