For Midex users

For users of legacy Steinberg hardware

Re: For Midex users

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am

Transistor wrote:
EdDoll wrote:Of course, for some customers the release of these drivers is too late but we had them and decided that they are good enough to be release to public. That was a very short term decision so we did not have that much time to prepare the release. It wasn't even an official project here at Steinberg.
I hear you. And I applaud you loud and clear for doing this. I just wish it happened three weeks ago... grmble, mrmble... ;)

r,
j,
yes i feel for you :cry: that now means that anyone that has bought a midex for pence has now got the bargain of the century which i think is very sad news , id be absolutely gutted knowing i had forked out another £500 to replace the midex and then this happens ..for give me if im wrong but right at the beginning of our original conversation it was stated no more drivers and we were willing to pay someone to develop a driver IF worth while ?
obviously im over the moon BUT i really do feel for those that held out or sold their units on the mac for nothing now to find it is worth something again :cry:

freq

Weasel

Post by Weasel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:45 am

BUT i really do feel for those that held out or sold their units on the mac for nothing now to find it is worth something again
One unit may or may not work on the Mac (according to Ed, he got one working but doesn't elaborate on whether it was a complete and exhaustive test). I can tell you for certain that two units will definately not run with this new driver on an Intel Mac.

Sure, I felt pretty damn burned after they dropped support for Intel Macs. Keeping my studio's 16 outboard synths/modules running was a matter of business and I had no choice but to bail and buy a pair of MOTU units 5 years ago. What I'd like to know is why, after all this time (8 years since the last working Mac driver) did they get around to this now? It's almost like a cruel joke. At least for us Mac guys.

Since the PC side got a stay of execution until Windows 7 was introduced (which hasn't been that long) I'd guess it was the uproar from the larger PC community that drove this development.

If you picked up one for peanuts because of this,and it works, all I can say is: more power to ya. The things always had the best timing against anything else on the market.
DualQuadCore 2.66 MacPro/32gbRAM-OSX 10.12.6/C10.0.5 • MOTU 424e/2408mk3 • 2-MIDI Express 128's ••• DualCore 2.8 iMac/4gbRAM-OSX 10.10.5/C9.0.20 • MOTU/ULmk3 ••• D8B/V5.1

Oh.....so this is the Cornfield?....

S4410

Post by S4410 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:49 pm

:| Better late than never.
I sold mine 1 year ago for almost nothing,but i guess it's good for those who kept it.
For years we asked for these drivers and all we got was a stubborn denial.It harmed Steinberg's credibility.
Windows 10 Home | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 32GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase Pro 9.5 | Wavelab Pro 9.5 | Dorico Pro 2| iC| NI Komplete 11 | VSL Special Editions | Ableton Live Intro (rewired) | UAD-2 Quad

Macbook 2.4 | Mac OS X 10.7.5 | Cubase Elements 8

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:33 am

I might see if I can get hold of a second hand unit now, I considered getting one but saw they were discontinued and not supported for W7 64. If I can pick one up for €50,- from someone who is unaware of the new drivers that'd be ace 8-)
These drivers will support W7 64 right?
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:48 am

Strophoid wrote:These drivers will support W7 64 right?
Right ... perfectly. :D
Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 9.5.41 | WaveLab 9.5.40 | HALion 6.1.15 | Groove Agent 4.2.40 | Midex 3/Midex 8 | x64 only

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:30 am

Lovely, thanks!
I have replied to some second hand midex offers 8-)
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

Return to “Legacy Steinberg Hardware”