UR824 with VB-Audio virtual mixer

This section is about Steinberg's UR and UR-RT USB audio interfaces product range
Barajevic

UR824 with VB-Audio virtual mixer

Post by Barajevic » Tue May 01, 2018 8:13 am

I don't know what to ask exactly but here it goes.

I have problems with real-time audio and drop-outs and all the stuff already mentioned in other threads. And it's frustrating and finally I found solution with VB-audio virtual mixer. When I use their ASIO driver to control UR824 and everything else everything works ok. But when I use Pro Tools with VB asio whole interface start lagging and i get playback error and stuff. And because of that i turned it off for few days and forgot to turn it back on. In meantime I started few projects in Cubase using Yamaha driver and it's unusable. Interface is buggy and lags a lot. I don't want to mention video engine, i also got drop outs while recording and glitches from time to time and random stops . I switch back to VB and everything works almost fine now.

I simply don't understand how third party driver works better controlling DAW and working better with OS.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: UR824 with VB-Audio virtual mixer

Post by Romantique Tp » Tue May 01, 2018 8:23 am

Make sure that you have the latest firmware and TOOLS installed:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... ur824.html

Then install the latest Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... river.html

The latest drivers fix the audio dropouts in most systems.

If the issue persists, it might be a good idea to try contacting support directly through your MySteinberg.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Barajevic

Post by Barajevic » Tue May 01, 2018 8:30 am

I tried with latest drivers and it still the same.

I'll try contacting support directly.

Barajevic

Post by Barajevic » Sat May 05, 2018 6:03 am

I tried sending support report via mySteinberg but it seems that I can't do that because of my location.
It only redirect me to local distributor (in Serbia) but with this problem they are probably useless.

I'm pulling my hair out!

Return to “Steinberg UR Series”