Question about ur22mkII drivers

This section is about Steinberg's UR and UR-RT USB audio interfaces product range
gutterfish

Question about ur22mkII drivers

Post by gutterfish » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 am

Hi,
So I just got my unit. My first audio interface and before I even begin to install I'm wondering about possible driver conflicts (on a WIndows machine W10 Creators) Will this device replace my other audio drivers? I currently use realtek HD Audio and also have AISO4ALL installed. Should I uninstall these before intalling the Steinberg drivers or can I simply disable them and keep them as an option. I'm a bit confused as to whther the unit is just an audio interface that use when I turn it on or will be my primary audio driver?

I guess what I'm clumsily trying to get to is: What do I need to do to prepare for installing the drivers? ANything more than what the instructions say, which is: log in as Admin and unplug all usb devices except mouse and KB. Is that really all I need to do?

I feel dumb.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Question about ur22mkII drivers

Post by Romantique Tp » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:18 am

That's all you have to do. The drivers wont conflict with anything else.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Return to “Steinberg UR Series”