BLA Mod UR824

This section is about Steinberg's UR and UR-RT USB audio interfaces product range
EAP-Entertainment

BLA Mod UR824

Post by EAP-Entertainment » Fri May 10, 2013 7:34 pm

I sent my UR824 to Black Lion to get Mod.. It is finish & they are shipping it back to me today & I can't wait til I get.. once I get & set it back up in the studio, I will post my results on how it sounds with the new mic pre's & the new converters..... :D

EAP-Entertainment

Re: BLA Mod UR824

Post by EAP-Entertainment » Wed May 15, 2013 3:59 am

Wow is all I can say!! I received my UR824 today from Black Lion & all I can say is WOW!! My boy brought both his UAD Apollo & Avid HD Omni from his studio to compare both preamps & converters & all the both if us could say is Wow & Amazing!!! The UR824 actually Crushes both units... The mic preamps are extremely smooth (non colored), clean & clear! The converters are just simply amazing I mean we can hear every little detail coming out from the UR824 & the Yamaha HS80 monitors...! I mean we hear everything... Much better detail than both the Apollo & Avid HD Omni.. I'm going to have a ball tomorrow & this weekend recording my 2nd Jazz album with my band..!! It is on Now & I'm extremely Happy...!!

If you have either UR824 or a MR unit I truly recommend taking it to Black Lion & getting the mod on either or both...
I do have a MR816 CSX, Focusrite OctoPre & a Motu 828 mk3; I have both the MR & Focusrite hooked up to the UR by adat light-pipe & I'm loving it.. Get yours Mod....

plectrumboy

Post by plectrumboy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:18 pm

That sounds very exciting. I have only recently purchased a UR824 and I am mightily impressed with the sound quality out of the box. Great to hear there are 3rd party hardware mods to the unit.

Steve
Scan 3XS desktop i7 5820 @ 4.0 Ghz on Asus x99 Pro 32Gb running Windows 10 pro with Thunderbolt card; MacBook Pro, 2x UR824, UAD Apollo Twin Mk II Quad; Cubase 9.5.30, Jamstix 4, The Grand 3, HSO, Wavelab 9.5, Halion 6, BFD3, NI Studio Drummer, Session Horns Pro, Mark 1, Groove Agent 4, Stylus RMX, Trillian, VST Connect Pro.

Jackware1

Post by Jackware1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:24 pm

I need some quick advice on 2 units that i have. I want to send one of my audio interfaces to get a mod from black lion audio. Which one should i send? my mr816csx or my ur824? I will do a premium mod. Please get back asap.

Return to “Steinberg UR Series”