CMC-PD editor and MAC OS Mojave

This section is about Steinberg's CMC controllers
shagazulu

CMC-PD editor and MAC OS Mojave

Post by shagazulu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:41 pm

(This as of Feb 8, 2019.)
The CMC-PD editor does not see the device in MAC OS MOJAVE, but it does in Windows 10. Fingers crossed that Steinberg will fix.

As far as I'm concerned there is no CMC-PD equivalent on the market. It's got 16 extremely velocity sensitive little pads that all fit into my 13" laptop bag... ALONG with my laptop, power cord, an MPK mini keyboard controller, backup hard disk, etc... It's mobile HEAVEN.

So, I will no longer be upgrading MAC OS on my 2012 Macbook Pro, which works astoundingly well with Cubase 10... compared to my home-built Windows machine, which works fine, just not rock solid in the same way. MAC OS has it down... plus the ability to have an aggregate audio device (2 or more USB audio devices simultaneously)
Cubase 8 Pro & Cubase AI 7 (on 2nd PC running VST System Link for 16-track recording) | Windows 7 x64 | Intel Core 2 Quad & Cord 2 Duo | 8MB & 6MB RAM | Tascam FW1884 & M-Audio Delta 1010 | UAD-1 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Kawai MP9000 | CMC-AI | Frontier Tranzport | FX Teleport | Various & sundry outboard gear that's rather spacial

Nicholas

Re: CMC-PD editor and MAC OS Mojave

Post by Nicholas » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi shaguzulu,

I'm on a 2017 iMac Pro with Mojave, using a number of hubs between the Mac and the PD. Even in this scenario - the CMC-PDEditor launches and runs fine, as far as I can tell... it certainly sees the device. By the way - I agree that the PD pad controller is one of the best midi input devices I have, and sees constant use!

Write back If there's any system config or other info I can provide to help.
iMac Pro 10-core 32G; Sonnet+wx9100 egpu; Waves soundgrid one server, Steinberg MR816X, Focal shape twins, cm motormix, Push 2, Numa white, Peavey DPM C8, and a few other midi input widgets... Schecter diamond series guitar (tree of life) with TriplePlay+stomp-box; Sphere L22 mic; Waldorf Streichfett, and a Prophet 12 module.

Cubase Pro 10, Ableton Live 10, Pro Tools 2018, Studio One 4, and Davinci Resolve Studio

Note: As a developer, I own, update, and round-robin between the DAWs to test, and continue to gain expertise with emerging features.. but my first love, and an ongoing affair is with Cubase!

shagazulu

Re: CMC-PD editor and MAC OS Mojave

Post by shagazulu » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Hmm. Thanks Nicholas.

I can't imagine there'd be any system config I would need to tweak or that you've specifically done to get the PD to be recognized by the MAC. Maybe I have a faulty USB port or maybe I just needed a reboot or something. Each time I tried to initiate the reset option, it was simply greyed out in the menu. And changes I made in the software never would propagate to the hardware.

I'll give it another shot at some point. I'm glad that I have a Windows machine to at least make the few edits I do.

Thanks for responding.
Cubase 8 Pro & Cubase AI 7 (on 2nd PC running VST System Link for 16-track recording) | Windows 7 x64 | Intel Core 2 Quad & Cord 2 Duo | 8MB & 6MB RAM | Tascam FW1884 & M-Audio Delta 1010 | UAD-1 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Kawai MP9000 | CMC-AI | Frontier Tranzport | FX Teleport | Various & sundry outboard gear that's rather spacial

Return to “Steinberg CMC Series”