Problem with sound signal (Mic)

Hello, first of all please forgive me for my english, I’m italian.
When my mic is plugged in, a Samson C01U, works perfectly, but every minute or so the sound stops working for about 1 second, and causes me the interruption of what I was doing, like recording with MIDI or recording an audio track. As you can imagine it keeps from doing almost anything, becuase I can’t record for more than one minute at a time, I have to stop what I’m doing before the signal loss, or the recording, in that second, won’t work.
I can see that inside the bar of the track (Or the MIDI track), when this happens, there is nothing, and after a second or so it starts again to record, and when I listen to the track I was recording, in that moment, there is no audio. I tried to change the cable of the Mic but didn’t work out. The mic is in perfect condition.
I use Cubase 7 with Asio4All.

I don’t know if all these informations are enough, please tell me if I have to tell you something else.
Thank you very much for your help.

Alessandro.

Do you have a low latency audio interface?

That’s probably the problem, it happens if you record anything?

Does it happen if you just play your song?

What is your latency set at?

images upload

This is the setting, the Mic is plugged directly to PC through a USB cable

Stopping for 1 second is processor overload.

Could be caused by a lot of things.

You’re giving the computer a hard job to process audio in real time, if you ask too much it will fail once in a while for a second or so.

You have to make sure that some other program or background process isn’t causing the problem.

Having a good interface makes the job a lot easier because the interface is doing a lot of the work.

Same with things like UAD processing.

You might get more info on the ASIO4all forums, I mainly work with interfaces to process low latency audio.

Tougher job to use a sound card.