Hard reset for CMC TP

This section is about Steinberg's CMC controllers
BP3

Hard reset for CMC TP

Post by BP3 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:36 am

I've been using my TP and three other CMCs and they are all updated to the newest firmware with the newest CMC tools for my personal rig.

Today I went to another studio and used my TP (I'm guessing with older drivers) and it worked as expected (the studio had a working AI. The studio also uses PT, Sequoia and C7 but I was using their Nuendo 5 (latest build) for my session as it is their primary DAW. When I got home and reconnected it to my rig it was bricked. The firmware app just tells me that it is up to date.

Is there any history I've missed about older drivers/CMC tools bricking a device? If so is there any way to reset it?

I've become very attached to the workflow these tools provide but if they are so delicate that a driver mismatch makes bricks out of them the there is a big issue that does not seem to be covered in the docs I've looked at.

Any help would be great.

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Re: Hard reset for CMC TP

Post by JMCecil » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:26 pm

That sounds like a support ticket issue. Not much we can do to sort that out.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

BriHar

Re: Hard reset for CMC TP

Post by BriHar » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:54 am

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port? It could be a USB issue, i've had P&P devices (not CMC though) stop working in a specific port in the past.
"...yes I think it can be easily done, just take everything down to Highway 61."

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase Pro 8.5.15 - 64bit | Cubase AI8 | WaveLab 9.0.10 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | UR44 | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Contour Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 14GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

Return to “Steinberg CMC Series”