CMCCH available but Ican't add it

This section is about Steinberg's CMC controllers
Banshee

CMCCH available but Ican't add it

Post by Banshee » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am

Hello toeveryone I have a problem with my new CMC CH.
I installed latest software and firmware versions and I can see it in in the list that appeares when I click on the "+" button (Cubase 5), but when I choose "CMC CH" and click OK it doesn't add to the list of my midi controllers.
p.s. Wndows XP sp3

Please help! :cry:

Thanks for helping.

Banshee

Re: CMCCH available but Ican't add it

Post by Banshee » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:08 am

Still no replys? :shock:
No one take care of the little Banshee? :cry:
Please heeeeeelp!!! :o

Lundin

Post by Lundin » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Hey little Banshee.
I believe support for the CMC's came with Cubase 5.5.1 so maybe that's where the problem is?

Freddie H

Post by Freddie H » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Lundin wrote:Hey little Banshee.
I believe support for the CMC's came with Cubase 5.5.1 so maybe that's where the problem is?

Both Cubase 5 and XP32 are not supported anymore.
Support has end both from Microsoft and Steinberg.
Sorry but you need to buy a new modern computer with Windows 8.1 and update Cubase to new Cubase PRO 8 to be able to use your CMC controller. Work in Windows 7 and Cubase 7 too of course. But buy and update to latest version of both sofware and computer.

Best Regards
Freddie
-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Freddie H wrote:
Lundin wrote:Hey little Banshee.

Both Cubase 5 and XP32 are not supported anymore.
Support has end both from Microsoft and Steinberg.
Sorry but you need to buy a new modern computer with Windows 8.1 and update Cubase to new Cubase PRO 8 to be able to use your CMC controller. Work in Windows 7 and Cubase 7 too of course. But buy and update to latest version of both sofware and computer.

Best Regards
Freddie
lack of support and don't work are two different things. He just may need to work a little harder to get it rolling.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Rommelaar

Post by Rommelaar » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Are you using a powered USB-Hub? If you have an non-powered hub with a lot of USB-devices you additional device, in your case a CMC controller, might not be recognized.
Rig: i7-5960X, Asus X99 Deluxe, Corsair LPX DDR4 64 GB RAM, Samsung 34" C34F791, Asus Strix GTX 970, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Audio hardware:KRK Rokit 6, Steinberg UR44 / CMC: AI, 4xFD, CH, QC, TP, PD, Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, ZOOM H6, Akai MAX49, Akai MPD226
Software: Cubase Pro 9.5, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Dorico 2, RapidComposer v3.4
Favourite plugin developers: Fabfilter, Image Line, Spectrasonics, Steinberg, Synapse audio, Vengeance sound, Waldorf, Zynaptiq

Return to “Steinberg CMC Series”