eLicenser (Soft eLicenser)

The option to download the license key to my computer (Mac/OSX 10.12) does not appear when I drop the license key to Padshop Pro into the license management software. Anyone else had this issue and find a solution? I did file a support ticket, but they made it sound as though they’re inundated with issues and it may be a while before I get an response.

I must say that I was none too pleased learning that I needed a dongle, for an extra $35 no less, AFTER buying the program. Pretty crappy customer service and I think somewhat shady. When I learned of the soft license option I felt a little less chumped, but even more frustrated when it, of course, didn’t work.

Note to Steinberg, let people KNOW that you’re going to drive them through hoops and trials regarding product licensing ahead of time. I would most likely NOT have spent $80 on software only to have to spend another $35 just to use it. Well, before learning of the soft option… please INFORM your customers. I have iLok for other programs, and they also have a no-dongle option, the vendor alerts their customer well in advance to them dropping their dough on the software.

OK, enough complaining, if anyone knows of a work-around I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Download the latest eLicenser Control Center and try again.

There’s nothing for Steinberg to explain… You just install the software, activate the license key and it works (or at least it’s supposed to) like any other plugin that requires activation.

I’ll try it again once I’m back in front of that computer. Note that I did trash and download/re-install the eLicenser program once already. I figured there could have been a corruption in the install process or something. I know its supposed to work, but if you read the fine print under the “download” option in eLicenser, it says to contact Steinberg if it doesn’t work, which it didn’t.

I ran the UN-installer, downloaded again and installed again. Dropped the activation key into the eLicenser then clicked “continue.”
Here is the message that is displayed on the bottom of the window:
Currently, there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your license to. Please connect an appropriate USB-eLicenser to your computer. In case you do not have any USB-eLicensers available and want to download the license to a so-called “Soft-eLicenser”, please contact the software vendor of your product, to learn how to create a Soft-eLicenser on your computer system.

There are 2 buttons under the message, Cancel and Download License. Download License is grayed out.

Maybe try this?

SCAB! that did it…

Found just what I needed, they talk you through a simple work-around that ensures your eLicenser gets the soft version …thanks!

Now … does anyone know where I go to download the Zero Gravity sounds? The factory presets are ok but not legendary, although I will be dropping in my own samples and mangling them for the most part.

Thanks again.

I’m glad you got your Soft-eLicenser problem sorted!