"The sample cannot be found. Install the content pack"

All topics on Padshop and Padshop Pro
rjramos

"The sample cannot be found. Install the content pack"

Post by rjramos » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:59 pm

I've downloaded and installed Padshop and Zero Grav trials. Running in Sonar X3, same results in Reaper. Screenshots attached.

Padshop/Pro presets load and play fine. On loading any Zero Grav presets, I get the error message "The sample cannot be found. Install the content pack."

I've looked through previous posts and run through the suggestions I've found in relation to this - complete uninstall, downloading latest eLicenser, installing with "All users", running eLicenser with /o option (this does not work for me, never starts). Still the same problem. Also tried on a completely different computer with Reaper, same results.

I looked in ContentManager.xml, there isn't a reference to the Zero Grav .vstsound file, which has been installed to the same path referenced for the Padshop .vstsound file.

I'm guessing the lack of a reference in the contentmanager file would cause the problem? Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
contentmanager.JPG
(134.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
zerograv error.JPG
(25.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
presets.jpg
(80.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet

rjramos

Re: "The sample cannot be found. Install the content pack"

Post by rjramos » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:50 am

UPDATE - evidently this is likely a corrupted OS registry problem, which was caused by a program like CCleaner, and requires re-installing the OS. The reply from tech support:
Do you make use of TuneUp Utilities or CCleaner to maintain your computer?

These programs can (in some occasions) change the registry of your operating system which can prevent a successful installation of other programs on your system.

Should the registry be damaged, the only solution would be to re-install the operating system.

A damaged registry can reveal its malfunction in a defective installation of a new program, such as the eLicenser Control Center.

Programs like CCleaner can check your registry entries.

When performing a "repair" with such programs, the registry can be changed in a way that certain entries are not longer existent which would have been necessary for the new software to function properly.

Johncavallaro

Post by Johncavallaro » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:55 am

I have reinstalled osx and updated it as yosemite and I still get the message "the sample cannot be found. Install the content package"

Any other ideas?!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 12.58.30 pm.png
(827.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet

aptmusic9

Post by aptmusic9 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:11 am

I have this problem on Windows and I might have used CCleaner. Any solutions?
Core i7 3930k
ASUS P9X79 PRO
Corsair XMS3 64GB (8x8GB)
Nvidia GT 640
RME HDSPe AIO
Focal Solo 6
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Cubase 9.5.20
User of Cubase since Cubase 5.0
http://www.andrewpooletodd.com

Return to “Padshop and Padshop Pro”