Retrologue 3 feature suggestions

All topics on Retrologue
abject39

Retrologue 3 feature suggestions

Post by abject39 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:55 am

Retrologue 2 is really great especially for a stock synth but there are a few things missing from it that could take it to the next level. Here's a few suggestion features.

1. More modulation destinations. Please add the ability to modulate the FX panel. The synth is lively but the FX are just static. Let us mod the FX as well to really get things moving.
2. More visual feedback. Above both ADSR is a static envelope picture that serves really no purpose. Maybe implementing an actual visualizer that updates to whatever knob is being tweaked would be a better option. Similar to Fxpansion Strobe 2 synth.
3. More onboard FX. There's many FX that could work here but I'm going to suggest at least an on board distortion unit and compressor.
4. More FX slot flexibility. Being able to change the order of FX is great but being able to do things such as send individual oscillators to individual FX would be cool or even the ability to use two of the same FX back to back like two EQ's in a row as opposed to just one of each FX would be nice.
My vision is uncompromising: to transcend my clients dreams by mesmerizing their audience with the world's finest audio arrangements and products.

maggie

Re: Retrologue 3 feature suggestions

Post by maggie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:41 pm

5. Resizable GUI, the same for Padshop and HalionSonic.
Cubase 10 pro, Halion 6, Groove Agent 5, Padshop Pro, Tone2 Electra 2, Tone2 Ultraspace, U-He Diva, U-He Presswerk, U-He Hive, Tubeohm Vintage, Virtual CZ, Arturia Solina V2, Arturia Analog Lab, Waldorf Nave, Synapse Dune 2, UVI Falcon, UVI Grand Piano Type D, AiR Xpand!2, KV331 Synthmaster, Steinberg UR22, Arturia Keylab 49 (Black Edition), Intel i7 2600, 16GB RAM, ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN 3, Windows 10 64bit

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:44 pm

6. Effects Mute button, similar to the nearly invisible but highly useful "lock" for the arpeggiator.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

Bacizone

Post by Bacizone » Mon May 01, 2017 7:22 am

Check this:

https://synthmorph.com/blogs/news/16021 ... e-2-review

and the "Future improvement ideas after working extensively with Retrologue 2" section here.

Reflection

Post by Reflection » Sat May 20, 2017 7:45 am

I would like to get a better volume ballance between onboard osc's and the sidechain input.
As off now, the input only go as hot as the source signal, while the onboard osc's go too 100++ dbfs.
Makes it annoying to blend the osc's with external input. It is doable. But fine tuning is not an option.
Hw: maximus viii hero 1151, I7 K6700, 16gb ram, nvida GTX 1070.
Sound: A&H Gsr-24M. Otari mtr-90mk2, Mx-55.
Dsp: uad-2. Powercore.
Daw control: Nektar Panorama p4, A&H Gsr-24M

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:47 pm

Reflection wrote:I would like to get a better volume ballance between onboard osc's and the sidechain input.
As off now, the input only go as hot as the source signal, while the onboard osc's go too 100++ dbfs.
Makes it annoying to blend the osc's with external input. It is doable. But fine tuning is not an option.
I spent about one day trying to get anything useful from Retrologue 2's side-chain input. No matter what kind of signal I sent to it, the results were really not useful or interesting. As you point out, the input signal is so attenuated that it's just not useful. I love the instrument, but this aspect of is disappointing. I may be "doable" but I've not found it to be useful and I'd certainly hoped for more and was surprised to see it really didn't perform as I expected it would.
DAW: Cubase Pro 10 (Main), Cubase Pro 9.5 (Backup); PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converters, Scarlett 2I4, Zoom UCR-8; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST-Is: Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.5, Stylus RMX; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3, Tannoy PBM 6.5 II, Mics. Scheops, Sennheiser, Rode, Lectrosonics RF, etc.

Help with Cubase:
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-

Reflection

Post by Reflection » Mon May 22, 2017 7:17 am

Stephen57 wrote:
Reflection wrote:I would like to get a better volume ballance between onboard osc's and the sidechain input.
I spent about one day trying to get anything useful from Retrologue 2's side-chain input. No matter what kind of signal I sent to it, the results were really not useful or interesting. As you point out, the input signal is so attenuated that it's just not useful. I love the instrument, but this aspect of is disappointing. I may be "doable" but I've not found it to be useful and I'd certainly hoped for more and was surprised to see it really didn't perform as I expected it would.
Yes, they must have thought that the function would only be used solo and not include the onboard osc's.
Caus it is realy far off. We get alot of goodies with cubase. So im not gonna complain to much. Some wired bugs is to be expected. But I hope they have this sorted in their next bug fix.
Hw: maximus viii hero 1151, I7 K6700, 16gb ram, nvida GTX 1070.
Sound: A&H Gsr-24M. Otari mtr-90mk2, Mx-55.
Dsp: uad-2. Powercore.
Daw control: Nektar Panorama p4, A&H Gsr-24M

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Reflection wrote:
Stephen57 wrote:
Yes, they must have thought that the function would only be used solo and not include the onboard osc's.
Caus it is realy far off. We get alot of goodies with cubase. So im not gonna complain to much. Some wired bugs is to be expected. But I hope they have this sorted in their next bug fix.
Funny, but use of the oscillators and other parts of the instrument is what I thought the side-chain would be useful and interesting for. Overall, I really like the instrument. The arpeggiator is particularly strong and I like the drag and drop matrix routing. I think it's a great sounding synth over all, but the side-chain feature is either buggy and not working correctly, or just disappointing and not useful for me. While the promotions about this feature did influence my decision to update to Pro 9 it wasn't a major factor. Overall, Cubase is the best DAW I've ever had the pleasure of working with and learning.

Help with Cubase:

Return to “Retrologue”