CL5 patching to Dante network

I know it’s is an older thread but I’m pretty sure I know whats going on. The trick with Dante patching is paying attention the the number of flows being used. For a channel of audio to go from one device to another, it uses one of the available flows on each device. A flow can hold up to 4 channels of audio if i remember correctly, so 4 channels from one device to another takes a single flow, but one channel from one device and one channel from a second device both to the same receiver will take 2 flows on the receiver. Most Dante devices have plenty of flows that it’s rarely an issue, and if a device runs out of transmit flows using multicast can help with that. The problem is DVS has exactly enough flows for all 64 channels if it’s maxed out. So 62 channels from 2 32 channel rios and then the last 2 coming from the console won’t work. Turning off enough channels that were patched until you freed up a flow would be why you were able to get audio from the cl to finally connect. For large channel count systems my opinion is it’s better to move to one of the dante pcie cards if possible.