IC PRO on IPAD and WINDOWS 10 ?

I’m not sure you’re understanding the difference between an internal network and the Internet (unless you and I are just using different terminology to say the same things). When you use IC Pro, you should not be using the Internet. If you have a router hooked to your cable modem (or your cable modem has a built-in router), that router is creating it’s own “network” within your house (or within the router’s “reach”, if it’s WiFi enabled). Whether you connect to that router with a cable or via WiFi, the connection to the router has nothing to do with the Internet. Once you are connected to the router (and part of that “network”), you then have access to the Internet via that router’s connection to the cable modem, but the Internet access and router connection, while all happening within the router, are two different things. IC Pro and your host computer are connected to the network, and the communication between the two is happening within the router’s network. The Internet is not involved. That being said, the connection is only going to be as fast as your WiFi connection will allow, so distance will play a factor to some extent. It’s only a control signal though, so it’s not like you’re sending gobs of data. Even an average WiFi signal should be sufficient. Note…The OS shouldn’t make a noticeable difference here. It’s about setting the network up properly, not the OS.

As far as Win 10 versus Win 7, it’s probably more of a personal preference than anything else. I was on Win 7 for several years, and I waited until Win 10 was out for about a year before I switched to it. I seem to get slightly better performance out of Win 10, but not dramatically better. Both versions were very stable for me, but I have my studio computers tweaked out fairly well, so that’s probably as much to do with good machine maintenance as it does the OS itself. The biggest thing with Win 10 for me (besides letting everyone else work out the bugs), was making sure drivers were available for all of my gear. It took a while for many manufactures to get around to creating Win 10 drivers.