Page 1 of 3

[SOLVED] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:09 pm
by Joss
I updated my iphone last night to iOS 10.3

Now I can't establish a connection. When I open iC Pro, it shows my computer, but clicking on it doesn't work.

If I look at the iC Pro window in Devices on my windows machine, it briefly shows connected to my iPhone and then the connection drops.

I did get it to connect at one point by restarting my iPhone, but that hasn't worked again.

Any thoughts? This has happened right at the beginning of a session, of course.

Re: Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:32 pm
by Joss
I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. It worked, briefly, but then dropped the connection. It is still listing my PC, but when I click on it, the rotating icon comes up for a few seconds, then just returns to the logon screen.

Re: Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 pm
by VVolverine
Hi,
same issue here. My old iPad is still working, but my iPhone not. Even a reinstall didn"t help. I think maybe it has something to do with the new filesystem used in iOS 10.3.

Regards,
VVolverine

Re: Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:53 pm
by fenderchris
Joss wrote:I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. It worked, briefly, but then dropped the connection. It is still listing my PC, but when I click on it, the rotating icon comes up for a few seconds, then just returns to the logon screen.
Same here. The iphone connection is briefly listed in Device Setup/Steinberg SKI Remote/Devices but disappears after a few seconds.

So now, in addition to the VCA screw-up, IcPro no longer functions at all with current iPhones!

Wonderful.

Steinberg?

@Joss: I suggest you edit the title of your first post to include [BUG] at the beginning.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:42 am
by Joss
Added [bug] - thanks, Chris.

I probably should add to clarify for any Steinbergy-shaped people, it was working fine before the iOS update and I have had no other issues with my iPhone.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:16 pm
by fenderchris
Joss wrote:Added [bug] - thanks, Chris.

I probably should add to clarify for any Steinbergy-shaped people, it was working fine before the iOS update and I have had no other issues with my iPhone.
It's fair to say that this bug is not of Steinberg's making, but nevertheless it now needs to be fixed.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:41 pm
by Joss
Good point! :)

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:56 am
by bonso
Hopefully this will get fixed with high priority!

Anyone know if it is working on all models of iPad?
I think that's means iPad 4 or higher for iOS 10.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:27 pm
by mkok
I've just bought the new ipad and am struggling to get it to work. It will come up now and again and works but then won't connect next time although my pc shows up. Another problem is when it does come up the sliders don't work. Other commands do and the meters are responding but moving the sliders does nothing. I also have an iPhone 7 on the latest IOS and this works fine. Do we know if this is being looked at by Steinberg or has anyone raised an official support request?

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:12 pm
by bonso
I haven't raised an official support request as I'm still running iOS9 at present.
I hope someone at Steinberg can let us know that a fix will be available soon though, I'd like to update to the new iOS.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:59 am
by bonso
Not working on iPhone 5 on latest iOS 10 version. Same problem as decribed here.
fenderchris wrote:Same here. The iphone connection is briefly listed in Device Setup/Steinberg SKI Remote/Devices but disappears after a few seconds.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:17 am
by bonso
Opened a support request about the issues with a link to this thread.
Hopefully this will be looked into soon!

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:27 pm
by mkok
That's good. I have opened one up too so lets see how long it takes to get back to us

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:22 pm
by Dr. Midi
The same here..... :shock:

I spent hours to repair it without effort.
But I tried to connect IC-Pro via Connectify Hotspot.... and it runs.

Just a workaround, not a solution...

Best regards

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 pm
by nikbeat
Same problem here it can see the Computer and briefly conncects then disconnects.
Anyone tried to roll back the ios to the previous one? Looks pretty risky but possible

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:21 pm
by xstudio
Same problem here.

I don't think that apple makes it particularly easy to roll back iOS and I would caution that "restore" means restore to factory setting and will involve extra work.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:51 am
by Joss
Not a great idea as this iOS update included a security fix for a javascript security exploit that was opening people up to hoax ransomware demands.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:08 pm
by Joss
Just heard back from Support. Unfortunately, they don't support that App through their department, but they said they will send a note to the app team about the issue.

I have thanked them and asked them to ask the app team to post on here so we know what is going on.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:07 am
by mtrigoboff
I submitted a tech support request to Steinberg about this problem earlier this week when it started happening to me. The tech support guy sent me to this forum, where I noticed that many people had been complaining about this problem but there was no response from the app developers. So I sent the following back to the Steinberg tech support guy.

Maybe if we all do something like this, we'll manage to light a fire under Steinberg and get something to happen.


It's starting to look to me like Steinberg, after selling this app to me, is in the process of abandoning it and shunting its customers off to a forum that no one from the company pays attention to where we can uselessly complain to each other about how Cubase iC Pro doesn't work anymore.

This is not the kind of treatment that I expect from Steinberg. I have devoted years to learning to use Cubase (currently updated to 9 Pro). I did this in part because my image of Steinberg was that I could rely on them to support their products. I'm not seeing anything like that in this current situation, and I'm not happy about it.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:23 pm
by andydnr
mtrigoboff wrote: I submitted a tech support request to Steinberg about this problem earlier this week when it started happening to me. The tech support guy sent me to this forum, where I noticed that many people had been complaining about this problem but there was no response from the app developers. So I sent the following back to the Steinberg tech support guy.

Maybe if we all do something like this, we'll manage to light a fire under Steinberg and get something to happen.


It's starting to look to me like Steinberg, after selling this app to me, is in the process of abandoning it and shunting its customers off to a forum that no one from the company pays attention to where we can uselessly complain to each other about how Cubase iC Pro doesn't work anymore.

This is not the kind of treatment that I expect from Steinberg. I have devoted years to learning to use Cubase (currently updated to 9 Pro). I did this in part because my image of Steinberg was that I could rely on them to support their products. I'm not seeing anything like that in this current situation, and I'm not happy about it.
Part of the blame is on Apple for breaking stuff with another update. VSL support for the Audiobox 1818 had to be abandoned by Presonus because of changes they made to OS X. However, Steinberg does:

1) Need to support this product or refund the cost since it is a paid for product
2) Stop pointing fingers at other parts of your company. I understand it may be a different group from the primary Cubase developers but it's still one company and it's unprofessional to show internal finger pointing to customers. To me, Cubase iC Pro is a part of Cubase and I don't care who in Steinberg fixes it.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:36 pm
by mtrigoboff
I heard back from Steinberg tech support:
I have forwarded the requests to Steinberg Germany. They have been very busy with the recent Musik Messe show, which may be a partial reason for the delay in response. I have subscribed to the posts also.
I suggest that everyone who has this problem should submit a Steinberg tech support request. The more of us they hear from, the more likely they are to do something.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:00 am
by mtrigoboff
I just heard back from a Steinberg support tech, who said:
I did get an update that there is a known issue currently with iOS 10.3.1 with iC Pro. We do expect that with Germany bank holidays next week, it may take longer than usual to get further information. If I receive further updates from the Developers, I will let you know (assuming they have not already shared that information on the posts I sent). Thank you

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:03 am
by andydnr
And just to confirm, I got around to trying this on an old iPad 2 which is only on iOS 9.3.5 and iC Pro works fine, slow, but functional.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 am
by Konrath
Those apple villains messed up wifi totally.
Even Lemur and Touchosc do not work.

Re: [bug] Connection probs after IOS 10.3

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:43 pm
by Joss
If this is an iOS bug, then Steinberg may not be able to get around it. In that case, hopefully all app creators who are affected nag Apple to sort it.