Poll: On which device do you use Cubase iC Pro mainly?

On which device do you use Cubase iC Pro mainly?

iPhone/iPod touch
12%
iPad
88%

Total votes: 94

nbadesign

Re: Poll: On which device do you use Cubase iC Pro mainly?

Post by nbadesign »

I have Cubase 7.5.10 running on Windows 7 SP1 32-bit and I have used Cubase iC Pro on my iPad2 with iOS 7.0.6.
I said "used" because I could not use it any more. Although I have deinstalled previous version of SKI Remote and installed latest one (1.0.6) and iC Pro recognized my computer immediately upon start, I could not establish any connection. I didn't make any changes on my ad-hoc network connections (both on Win7 and iPad side).
It is interesting that old Cubase iC is recognized by Cubase 7.5.10, but that's only. It could not be used also, but
I don't expect that old version could operate with new SKI Remote. That is also documented at Steinberg site.
Any help or advice?

Alex

jimzepellin

Post by jimzepellin »

I'm running the demo on Android using Cubase7 and windows7.
This was going to be an instant buy when i heard of the Android version but with the problems already mentioned I did pause on the instant purchase. I'm going to get it as it is potentially a great app. As long as it's supported and updated then steinberg can have my cash.
If in doubt scream and shout.

Patanjali

Post by Patanjali »

To the OP, where are the Android options? You can add options as you go along!
mozizo wrote:if i knew steinberg are going to relese IC pro and cubasis for w8 tablets i think ill go w8 tablets..
I tried a few Android for Windows emulators, but they either wouldn't install or were too laggy on my Acer W511 Atom tablet. I just wanted a bigger view of the iC Pro transport screen.

I still think that, like Cubase itself, iC Pro needs to be more configurable, like changing the size of the time location to be suitable for my eyes unaided so I don't have to wear reading glasses on the videos, or making the transport buttons larger to be able to touch them while stretching over a guitar. And it would be nice to have a scrub control screen that hasn't got the ridiculously small controls currently on the transport bar.

I would like a Windows based iC Pro to have a desktop version with multiple iC Pro windows with different functions in each, just because you can then use a large screen all-in-one. The advantage of multiple windows, instead of a single multi-info screen, is that an individual window could be changed to its configuration view while all the others continue to show their live info.

AND, a Windows iC Pro MUST be able to use multi-touch. There is no excuse to remain touch-dumb like Cubase itself.
Patanjali
Comp: i7-4930K : Asus P9X79-E WS : 32GB : GTX 1050 : SSDx7 : UAD2Q : TCL 49C2US x2.
HW: YRG : uKEY2 : UR44.
SW: Dual boot Win10P : Cubase 8.0.30 Pro 64 : RX4Adv : Ozone6Adv : Goliath/SO/Pianos/Gypsy/SV : Sup.Drum 2

Svenne

Post by Svenne »

Norbury Brook wrote:Been waiting to use this on my iPad again but for gods sake fix the direct monitoring crashing issue that's been stopping me use this for the last 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really unacceptable especially as it mainly affects people using Steinberg hardware!

MC
It appears to have been addressed:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... ng#p330549

As far as I can see, all who are having (or had) problems are using Windows. Is this a Windows specific problem, or are there any Mac users who's had similar experiences?
Cubase Pro 8.5.20 + IC Pro, WaveLab Elements 9.0.30, Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-core 8GB, 10.11.6 (El Capitan), MR 816X, Avid Control/Mix, iPad Air (128GB), Cubasis 2.0, iTrack Dock.

zephonic

Post by zephonic »

Frankly, I don't use it anymore. The functionality is too limited and flawed. I suppose I should check for updates to see if previous gripes have been addressed, but you know...
Cubase 9.5.50 - Halion 6 - HalionSonic 3 - assorted plugins/instruments
2009 MacPro | 3.33GHz 6-core | 24GB RAM | OSX 10.12.6
Avid Mbox3Pro
iPad 5 - iOS12 - Cubase iC Pro

vikingstudios

Post by vikingstudios »

I've got the demo working on a Samsung galaxy S4 mini. Took ages to get working but a recent windows update updated the wireless adapter I use ( literally the day after I checked manually) now all seems to work. Will have a play before I buy. ... Looking good so far!

C.LYDE101

Post by C.LYDE101 »

Samsung Note 10.1. .. enjoying the freedom of wireless!
The objective of good design, whether products or services, is to …satisfy customers by meeting their actual or anticipated needs and expectations.

sturgeon

Post by sturgeon »

Working with Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2012) here.

All good, but Nexus 7 screen could handle more data than the current version is giving it.
Cubase Pro 10.0.5, IC Pro, W10 Pro x64, Xeon X5675 (4gHz Hexa Core 12 Thread), Asus P6T, 12 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Triple Channel RAM, Samsung EVO 840 SSD x 1, 2 x SATA300 HD, EMU 1616m PCIE. Coolermaster V 700W PSU, ATI R5 230 2GB Passive GPU. 2 x 22" Benq Monitors, Focusrite VRM

suntower

Post by suntower »

I -was- using it on iPhone 4. Just for booth recording.

I just switched to Nook HD+ Don't laugh. 9" HD 1920x1280 it's -the- clearest, easiest to read display I've ever seen. $100. Recognised my network/DAW immediately with icPro... which I cannot say was the case for IOS.
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 10, iCPro, WL9.5, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

steinpac

Post by steinpac »

HTC ONE works fine, although I still prefer a midi controller.
Cubase Pro9.5.41, Wavelab Pro9.5.30, VEP6, Waves, Plugin Alliance, HOFA, DDMF, Audio Vitamins and many more, using Steinberg MR816CSX on Win7SP1-64Bit, Intel i7-3930K, ASUS-P9X79PRO, 64GB-DDR3, ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970...

jxm

Post by jxm »

iPhone 6+
Cubase 8.5 Pro, UR44, Groove Agent 4, Cubase IC Pro, Cubasis, Artist 7, Cubase Elements 8, NI Komplete 8, Windows 10 Pro Intel 4700K @4.4GHz, IMac Late 2012, Roland QuadCapture, MacBook Pro 15" 2014, Logic Pro X

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye »

Aloha guys. just to chime in.

The very 1st (free) version worked fine on my phone.

After that I have never been able to get any newer paid versions to work.

Gave up long ago.

However because of this thread/poll,
I will give it a go again sometime this week and report back.

{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris »

It no longer works with the nexus-7 since updating to Android v5.
Chris

PC: i910th Gen, 64GB ram, SSD drives.
Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).
Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.
Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth).

steinpac

Post by steinpac »

Tried an purchased TouchDAW which works through usb cable as well as WiFi, keeps device charged and works well on VSTis.
Cubase Pro9.5.41, Wavelab Pro9.5.30, VEP6, Waves, Plugin Alliance, HOFA, DDMF, Audio Vitamins and many more, using Steinberg MR816CSX on Win7SP1-64Bit, Intel i7-3930K, ASUS-P9X79PRO, 64GB-DDR3, ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970...

rtorstrick

Post by rtorstrick »

Android! Up to Cubase 7.5, that is.
Windows 10
Cubase 10.5, Halion 6.30, Wavelab 10, Dorico 3.1
Intel Core i5, 32 Gb RAM, Z390 Aorus Pro mobo, 1 Tb SATA SSD system drive, 2x2TB SATA media drives,
G-Drive 3TB USB 3 drive.
UAD Apollo Mk II Quad (TB), Steinberg UR-RT 2, Steinberg MR816csx, Yamaha KX8, CC121, UAD-2 Duo (Pcie)

steinpac

Post by steinpac »

You are correct; keyboards work-ish, but both TouchDAW and IC Pro have become poor investments!

sedgetone

Post by sedgetone »

iPad4 and Galaxy Note 4.

ckon

Post by ckon »

-was- using it on iPhone 4. Just for booth recording.

I just switched to Nook HD+ Don't laugh. 9" HD 1920x1280 it's -the- clearest, easiest to read display I've ever seen. $100. Recognised my network/DAW immediately with icPro... which I cannot say was the case for IOS.
Are you getting full screen tablet version IC pro with that or the phone screen version? The 10.1" tablet I tried (and returned) showed only phone version due to I gues the fact resolution is 1280 x 600. The nook+ has a smaller screen but better resolution. Might pick up a nook + instead, All I want is a touch pad full of lots of key commands!

Steinberg must put resolution requirements as well as screen size on the IC pro page, surely that's possible!
ckon:

C Pro 10.0.50 (and all previous)
Main host system:
Win10pro - x64
i7 3770k - 4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM, OS on SSD
RME interfaces.
Museum DAW: Apple Mac LCII Opcode Studio Vision.

ckon

Post by ckon »

Been giving the whole Cubase touch screen control some more thought.

Windows 10 will be here very, very shortly. With voices on the web talking of easier porting and running of IOS Apps and Android apps on the newest Windows OS

On the Android side, Microsoft is enabling developers to use Java and C++ code on Windows 10, and for iOS developers they’ll be able to take advantage of their existing Objective C code. "We want to enable developers to leverage their current code and current skills to start building those Windows applications in the Store, and to be able to extend those applications," explained Microsoft’s Terry Myerson during an interview with The Verge

There is plenty on the web talking about windows 10 and the potential as well as perhaps problems pitfalls of IOS/Android for windows.

So steinebrg if all this is going ahead, a windows 10 tablet Cubase IC pro seems like the absolute next logical progression, will this happen? it seems crazy if it does not......exciting and interesting times.

I have now used IC pro on Ipad and Android but what I am looking forward to using and owning to control Cubase is windows 10 tablet PC (and for other uses)
ckon:

C Pro 10.0.50 (and all previous)
Main host system:
Win10pro - x64
i7 3770k - 4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM, OS on SSD
RME interfaces.
Museum DAW: Apple Mac LCII Opcode Studio Vision.

tryphon

Post by tryphon »

Just got an iPad and purchased iC Pro. Wonderful addition to my setup, use it only for the touch Macros.
It's worth every penny just for that alone. So my main control setup is CMC-CH+QC+TP and macros. PERFECT. :D

-- Also works fine with Nuendo!
HP 4.10 GHz - 10Gb RAM - Windows 10 x64
Cubase 9.5 Pro, Nuendo 8, Cubase iC Pro
Focusrite 18i20 - Soundcraft M12 - Adam A77X - CMC: CH, QC, TP
- Arturia V6, UVI Falcon with all libraries

Return to “Cubase iC Pro”