Moving from 6.5

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
Post Reply
User avatar
sycophant
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am

Moving from 6.5

Post by sycophant » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:09 am

I just purchased Cubase 7 and activated it and the eLc says I can use 7.5 but I'm not sure if I should just wait until the 7.07 maintenance update.

I previously had Cubase Elements 6.0.7 and that was solid so I'm hoping for a similar, flawless experience.

If I install 7.5 have any (and all) bugs been fixed that would be addressed by the 7.07 update or should I just wait until the end of January?

Cheers all

User avatar
marQs
Senior Member
Posts: 2202
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: Moving from 6.5

Post by marQs » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:46 am

You won't lose anything by just trying. Bugs that bother one user might not appear on another users machine or with different ways of working. You'll never get a software that has all bugs fixed.

About the 7.07 update: I expect a more or less simultaneous release of 7.5.1, adressing some issues present in 7.06 and 7.5. Just can say that 7.5 works very good for me (and it seems for many others as well) with just a few minor issues, so I wouldn't hesitate. Your Elements 6.07 install will keep intact anyway, 7 is an independent installation.
Cubase 10.5 | WL 10 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo (2x)/Quad PCI-e | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

User avatar
sycophant
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am

Re: Moving from 6.5

Post by sycophant » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:34 am

hi MarQs

There already is a 7.5.1 update http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 81&t=52110 and I know from the last version 6.5.3 there was a final update so I guess there is hope yet (too much bad publicity on this forum to read).

User avatar
papi61
Member
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Moving from 6.5

Post by papi61 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:22 am

sycophant wrote:hi MarQs

There already is a 7.5.1 update http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 81&t=52110 and I know from the last version 6.5.3 there was a final update so I guess there is hope yet (too much bad publicity on this forum to read).
That's only for Artist. 7.5.1 for the full edition will come later in January.
Desktop: i7 3770k, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX770 + GT640-DCSL fanless, 3 monitors (30" 2560x1600 + 2x 27" 1920x1080), 256 GB SSD (OS), 2 TB SATA III (audio), 3 TB SATA III (sample libraries), 3x 3 TB USB 3.0 (backup/archives), RME UFX, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Slaves: 2x i7 2700k, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 3 TB SATA III, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Laptop: 17" HP EliteBook 8770w (i7 3820QM 2.7 Ghz/3.7 Ghz max OC, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III), RME Babyface, Win 7 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3.

alexis
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 4417
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Moving from 6.5

Post by alexis » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:20 pm

papi61 wrote:
sycophant wrote:hi MarQs

There already is a 7.5.1 update http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 81&t=52110 and I know from the last version 6.5.3 there was a final update so I guess there is hope yet (too much bad publicity on this forum to read).
That's only for Artist. 7.5.1 for the full edition will come later in January.
Hello papi61, is this something you read ... and if so, did they say what they planned to fix?

Thanks!
Alexis

-Cubase "Safe Start Mode" (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT)
-Get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here,
-Replacing freely-timed section into a variable tempo project

Cubase 9.0.20; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W10 Pro 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo; Jamstix 3.6; RevoicePro3.3; EZDrummer 2

User avatar
papi61
Member
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Moving from 6.5

Post by papi61 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:18 pm

alexis wrote:
Hello papi61, is this something you read ... and if so, did they say what they planned to fix?

Thanks!
7.5.1 will be released together with 7.0.7, and it's basically the same update. I don't think they have specified what bugs it addresses yet. It's possible that they will call it 7.0.2 to avoid confusion with Artist 7.5.1.
Desktop: i7 3770k, 32 GB RAM, nVidia GTX770 + GT640-DCSL fanless, 3 monitors (30" 2560x1600 + 2x 27" 1920x1080), 256 GB SSD (OS), 2 TB SATA III (audio), 3 TB SATA III (sample libraries), 3x 3 TB USB 3.0 (backup/archives), RME UFX, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Slaves: 2x i7 2700k, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 3 TB SATA III, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

Laptop: 17" HP EliteBook 8770w (i7 3820QM 2.7 Ghz/3.7 Ghz max OC, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III), RME Babyface, Win 7 Pro x64, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X3.

User avatar
sycophant
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am

Re: Moving from 6.5

Post by sycophant » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:34 am

Hi papi

The update in the page I linked to has already been released but it is not for Cubase 7.5.

7.07 will come after 7.5/7.5.1 so my guess is it will include any bugfixes from higher version updates.

My question was though, will the 7.5 branch have any further updates, other than this plugin and program specific update?

Post Reply

Return to “Older Cubase versions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests