Solo Key Editor Cubase 7.5 Works Differently

For users of legacy Steinberg Cubase software
cbdmusic

Solo Key Editor Cubase 7.5 Works Differently

Post by cbdmusic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:21 am

Hey Steiny,

You're really messing with me, first you change the way the "solo editor" button worked in C7 which took a bit of getting use to, but now I love it! It's totally brilliant. Then you changed it back in C7.5, I'm assuming because of customer backlash (I was one of the haters). Can't we have a compromise... a preference button that will allow us to use the "solo editor" button either the old way or the new way?

Best,

Christian
christiandavismusic.com
Cubase 10 _ Mac Pro 10,1_12-Core 128gb ram _ UA Apollo _ RME Fireface UFX _ UAD-2 Octo Ultimate _ Vienna Ensemble Pro _ Too Many Samples!!

cbdmusic

Re: Solo Key Editor Cubase 7.5 Works Differently

Post by cbdmusic » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Does anyone have any workarounds for this? Or am I stuck working in Cubase 7 forever?
christiandavismusic.com
Cubase 10 _ Mac Pro 10,1_12-Core 128gb ram _ UA Apollo _ RME Fireface UFX _ UAD-2 Octo Ultimate _ Vienna Ensemble Pro _ Too Many Samples!!

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:56 am

cbdmusic wrote:I'm assuming because of customer backlash (I was one of the haters).
It came back and but you in the ax.;)

Here's the thread where we talked about it: http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 81&t=35779

Maybe it's a worthwhile feature request. (there are so many)
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

cbdmusic

Post by cbdmusic » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:13 am

It's my own fault for complaining when it first changed, but it really grew on me and I'm having a really hard time going back. I see the genius behind it now. I guess the world wasn't ready : (
christiandavismusic.com

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:15 am

cbdmusic wrote:It's my own fault for complaining when it first changed, but it really grew on me and I'm having a really hard time going back. I see the genius behind it now. I guess the world wasn't ready : (
Yup!
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR44C | hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

sycophant

Post by sycophant » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:37 pm

The "feature" is incomplete and assumes a novice usage scenario, as does the entire Key Edit scheme for multiple instruments which exists without any instrument grouping functionality, nor overrides for editing instrument parts when multiple instruments are selected; notwithstanding Drum Mapped parts.

cbdmusic

Post by cbdmusic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:53 am

QUOTING steveinchicago:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 78#p402378

For a short time at the beginning of the Cubase 7 cycle we saw an enhancement to the Key Editor Solo button and Edit Active Part behavior that was subsequently removed. It was very useful, though there was a bit of a learning curve to it, and also it eliminated a mode that previously existed.

With multiple parts open in the Key Editor the feature gave more granular control over what the user hears while editing.

Solo off, Edit Active Part off: All the parts in the project play; all parts in the editor are editable.
Solo off, Edit Active Part on: All the parts in the project play; only the active part in the editor is editable
Solo on, Edit Active Part off: Only all the parts in the editor play; all parts in the editor are editable.
Solo on, Edit Active Part on: Only the active part editor in the editor plays; only the active part in the editor is editable.

The missing mode was where
All the parts in the editor (only) play; only the active part in the editor is editable.

It would be great to have all 5 of the modes listed above.
christiandavismusic.com

cbdmusic

Post by cbdmusic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:56 am

Finally bit the bullet and upgraded to C8... was holding on to C7 for a long time because of this solo feature in the Key Editor, where I spend 90% of my time. But there were so many pros for upgrading that I finally gave in. Loving C8 but still missing my C7.0.7 super slick solo key editor functionality. Please steiny... can we bring it back? Pretty please :D
christiandavismusic.com

meradium

Post by meradium » Sun May 27, 2018 10:40 am

@cbdmusic, have you found any solution to your problem? I am facing the same issue. Really missing the solo active part feature :/

Return to “Older Cubase versions”