6/8 Time Signature
11%
Change Time Signatures mid song
15%
Change tempo mid song
20%
Movable tracks
14%
Add Folders (grouping arrangements and mixdowns)
25%

Total votes: 342

SlowPoke

Re: Feature Requests - Cubasis

Post by SlowPoke » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:07 am

My biggest issues would be:

✔️ TRACK MARKERS

✔️ FADER GROUPING CAPABILITY

These are SO important when mixing large projects!

Thanks for your diligence.

Cubasis99999

Post by Cubasis99999 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 pm

Not a big deal but for track to stop playing when it reaches the end of a song or reaches “R” marker rather than continuing to play..
Maybe this feature is within Cubasis but I can’t find it....

Thank you.

Gregj3

Post by Gregj3 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Now that Yamaha has released version 2.5 of the Montage OS, which supports DAW control, are there any plans for allowing Cubasis to be controlled by the Montage, like Cubase can? https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_p ... oduct-tabs

I use Cubasis for playing MIDI tracks on my Montage while I perform, and it works great. It would be a HUGE help to allow me to edit the MIDI files using the Montage physical interface.

Thanks, and keep up the GREAT work!!!

-Greg

kimocoool

Post by kimocoool » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:07 pm

please add micro tuner scale
Because all Arabic music needs to micro tuner scale

LSlowak
Steinberg Employee

Post by LSlowak » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:49 am

Gregj3 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:36 pm
Now that Yamaha has released version 2.5 of the Montage OS, which supports DAW control, are there any plans for allowing Cubasis to be controlled by the Montage, like Cubase can? https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_p ... oduct-tabs

I use Cubasis for playing MIDI tracks on my Montage while I perform, and it works great. It would be a HUGE help to allow me to edit the MIDI files using the Montage physical interface.

Thanks, and keep up the GREAT work!!!

-Greg
Hi Greg,

As of yet, Cubasis does not support hardware controller, but the feature is on our list for future updates.

Best,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

LeadDevx1

SAVE PAD NOTE ASSIGNMENTS WITH PRJ FILE

Post by LeadDevx1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:07 am

I want to use the pads with DrumPerfect Pro, I set them all up, saved the project file, emailed it to my other ipad and its not there. Frustrating and timewasting. Thanks.

musikeer

Post by musikeer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:02 am

Just another request for folders to organize tracks within. It's truly unmanageable when creating many tracks. And track mixer groupings as a bonus!

dnieel

Post by dnieel » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:11 am

Hello everybody,

I just purchased Cubasis and the Waves plugins, I used them on Windows and worked really good so I decided to purchase them for my iPad. I can’t find the spectrum analyzer for the EQ, is this for real?, even GarageBand has it, I paid a lot for this taking in account I live in Colombia and exchange rates are massive right now. Has anyone found the analyzer or should I request it as a feature?, I need it for drum editing, thank you a lot.

Metallion

Post by Metallion » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:23 am

Please, add the possibility of adding fx/mastering to all output masters.
As it is now, i can only add limiter/compressor etc to the master 1-2 output. If i route the same audio to let’s say, output 3-4, the audio will clip easily, there is now way to compress/limit/eq the other master outputs.. it’s a big problem for me since i use Cubasis live with the output 1-2 and to the musicians i use the other outputs (the number of outputs depends on the audio interface obviously).
Is this in a list of things to do?

jmdetolle

Post by jmdetolle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23 pm

1) side chain compressor
2) control transport and mix with hardware controller
3) Iterative Quantize
4) recording step by step
5) arpegiator

thatguy

Post by thatguy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 am

Some hardware and software uses midi notes lower than what is available on the piano roll. For example my Analog Rytm uses midi notes 0-8 to trigger the drum sounds this maps on the lower end to C(-2) up but the cubase piano roll only goes down to C(0). I can work around this by using a midi effect to transpose notes down 2 octaves but it would be great if the whole midi note range was supported by default.

Tedbloggs

Post by Tedbloggs » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Having paid for the classic machines app, it’d be great if there was a 16 step sequencer available alongside the keys and pads to control them with. It can’t be beaten for programming patterns, and for those of us who grew up using the original hardware it’s irreplacable. If the step sequencer could be made into a basic onboard arpeggiator too, all the better - I’m currently having to programme all that externally, midi record it into the app due to clock issues, then send it off elsewhere as required. It’s a slow workflow compared to being able to step sequence and arpeggiate inside the app, and playing it in via pads or programming via the midi editor is painful. Thanks. Great app otherwise though! Some filing capability would definitely be handy too!

whitelight

Post by whitelight » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Well, a MUST HAVE Feature for me is the simple "Notes" thing for a Track (Notizen in my german version) (Found in Cubase in the Inspector).
I want to be able to note myself in any Midi track, which presets I used maybe in the connected AU / Plugin / anything. Otherwise I cant recall the settings when I want to work with the project maybe months later! (or is there a better way to remember that kind of things, I am not aware of??
I couldnt believe that this simple feature isnt there. Thanks a lot!

kimocoool

Post by kimocoool » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:40 am

please add micro tuner scale
Because all Arabic music needs to micro tuner scale :( :( :( :( :(

LSlowak
Steinberg Employee

Post by LSlowak » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:29 am

Tedbloggs wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:41 pm
Having paid for the classic machines app, it’d be great if there was a 16 step sequencer available alongside the keys and pads to control them with. It can’t be beaten for programming patterns, and for those of us who grew up using the original hardware it’s irreplacable. If the step sequencer could be made into a basic onboard arpeggiator too, all the better - I’m currently having to programme all that externally, midi record it into the app due to clock issues, then send it off elsewhere as required. It’s a slow workflow compared to being able to step sequence and arpeggiate inside the app, and playing it in via pads or programming via the midi editor is painful. Thanks. Great app otherwise though! Some filing capability would definitely be handy too!
Hi Tedbloggs,

Please note that Cubasis supports AU MIDI since version 2.4.
Using Ruismaker's Rozeta AU plug-in suite, allows to assign a step sequencer to a MIDI track to trigger the Classic Machines.

Please learn more about AU MIDI support in our Cubasis 2.4 tutorial.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Extnctn6

Post by Extnctn6 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:26 pm

It would be great to have an arm/unarm all tracks for recording button. I’ve had a few big projects lately with a lot of tracks and it’s annoying forgetting a track which is out of view is armed and sometimes muted and then accidentally recording a load of takes over it.

Talking of lots of tracks, I’m sure I read on this forum somewhere or other a request for track folders/sub groups oh and busses as well but incase my memory serves me incorrect then I’d like to request those as well please :-P

P.s the edit midi velocity in the piano roll during playback still needs someone to take a look at it ;-)

mikeradcliffe7

Post by mikeradcliffe7 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:36 am

As already mentioned Save Mixdown directly as M4a or WAV to iTunes/Music app. There doesn’t seem to be a way to get around this without using a computer unless I’m missing something major?

Return to “Cubasis”