How works midi syncr/clock in Cubasis.

Hi

Once you turn MIDI clock on in Cubasis it should send a timing clock ‘out’ to any app instructed to receive it. It doesnt have a MIDI channel its its own data stream.

Therefore any app you want to sync to this clock should have a MIDI Clock Receive toggle in its MIDI INPUT setup. Some do , some don’t. Some need to be told which app the clock is coming from. Please don’t get mixed up and confuse another MIDI Clock Output switch and start sending a second clock into the chain! Anything could happen. Imy experience there are many apps with MIDI CLOCK Outputs, far fewer with Inputs. An ecosystem of apps which only send clock is useless.

However if you can get an app to see Cubasis Clock. It should then run at the same tempo as Cubasis. It might or might not show this in its Tempo indicator. It might or might not obey the Cubasis Start/Stop/Continue/ Song position data that Cubasis sends . It might not work at all…

Once you introduce other routing/sync apps things get foggy… if they weren’t already!

Abelton Sync and Midi Clock usually cant be on at the same time.

Audio Bus 3. If apps are loaded into AudioBus 3 MIDI slots then AB should be controlling the routing, so In/Out settings in the app shouldn’t matter. But i think Clock In should still be on. If you add an app to an Audio Slot in Audio Bus the MIDI routing should hppen between apps via Virtual MIDI as if AB weren’t involved.

AUM: has its own MIDI router , but i find i still have to set things up in the apps midi set up anyway.

AU: this seems to take care of everything i need. Plug in the app and it sync and receives midi. But not many of my preferre. apps support it.

So yeah … in terms of syncing apps its a mess.

Good luck and chime in if you get it working. I’d love to learn…