Cubasis 2.7, Micrologue ARP & 6th Anniversary Sale available

Dear all,

Today we celebrate Cubasis’ 6th birthday, and are happy to announce the immediate availability of our 31st update release with Cubasis 2.7!

Cubasis 2.7 adds a larger number of user-requested features such as native resolution support for the recently released iPad Pro 11" and 12.9" 2018 models and a brand-new arpeggiator for Micrologue (available as in-app purchase). Three AU MIDI plug-ins can now be added to each track; there are also 95 studio-grade effects presets available; refined support for MIDI Thru that ensures easy integration and operation of external MIDI keyboards and Core MIDI apps and much more.

New Features in Cubasis 2 | Tutorial

Cubasis Micrologue ARP | Preset Previews

Additionally, until January 7, 2019 we offer great discounts on Cubasis as well as the Waves Plug-in Bundle, Micrologue ARP (introductory price) and all remaining in-app purchases.

Existing Cubasis 2 customers are eligible for a free update to 2.7.
Download Cubasis on the App Store

P.S.: If you like the update, we would be very glad to see your support in rating Cubasis on the App Store!

I’m very proud and thankful about our great team, who constantly put in all their talents, heart and mind in making Cubasis better and better.

Enjoy making music,
Lars

What’s New in Cubasis 2.7

・Micrologue ARP (in-app purchase)
Boost Cubasis’ Micrologue synth with a full-blown, feature-packed Arpeggiator. In addition, enjoy more than 75 earth-shaking ready-to-use presets to get you going instantly. Listen to some presets

・Native-resolution support for iPad Pro 11" & 12.9” 2018
Enjoy an unrivalled user experience when running Cubasis on Apple’s brand-new iPad Pro 11" and 12.9” 2018 devices.

・95 new effects presets
Enjoy 95 fresh new effects presets to polish individual tracks via a simple button press, to instantly make them sound right or further tweak them to your taste.

・Audio Unit MIDI Plug-in slots extension*
Maximise your creativity by combining up to three Audio Unit MIDI plug-ins per track, such as arpeggiator, step sequencer, LFO and many more.

・MIDI Thru refresh
Use Cubasis as your control center to easily re-route incoming MIDI to different channels for output to Core MIDI apps or hardware.

・Mixdown normalize
Give mixdowns extra polish before sharing them with the world via a simple tap, quickly bringing them to the perfect level.

・Keyboard transpose setting
Easily change the transposition of the on-board keyboard and external gear up to two octaves in both directions via the new keyboard transpose setting.

・Extended MIDI editor range
Enjoy flexible MIDI editing from the highest highs to the lowest lows, with the extended C -2 to G8 MIDI editor range.

・Audiobus 3.0.6 library update
Cubasis has been first to offer straight forward Audiobus integration, and again assures the best possible performance by embedding Audiobus’ latest 3.0.6 library update.

・Elastique Pro 3.2.7 library update
Enjoy unchanged, fluent performance when changing the tempo or pitch of audio files in real-time with Cubasis, thanks to integrating the latest Elastique Pro 3.2.7 library update.

・Maintenance
Nothing should ever block your creative flow when capturing your greatest moments with Cubasis! For the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.

Cubasis 6th Anniversary Season Sale (runs until January 7, 2019)

・Cubasis 2 **$24.99/27.99€ **(Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
・Micrologue ARP IAP introductory price $2.99/3.49€ (Reg. $4.99/5.49€)
・Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
・Classic Machines IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
・FX Pack 1 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
・FX Pack 2 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

Maintenance and improvements

CB-4561 Solves several serious performance issues with iPad Pro 11" and 12.9" 2018 devices.
CB-4545 The MIDI thru status is now saved with the project file.
CB-4558 Stopping playback no longer leads to hanging notes with external devices.
CB-4567 Muting a track no longer leads to hanging notes.
CB-4455 Performing a mixdown or freeze between locators now works as expected.
CB-3838 Copy and paste of audio and MIDI events now works as expected.
CB-3963 Velocity changes are now immediately audible.
CB-4549 Creating duplicates of tracks that have no instruments assigned now works as expected.
CB-4481 CC data of muted tracks no longer modulate input notes, that are played in real-time during playback.
CB-4502 Solves a rare phenomenon, where the graphical Classic Machines user interface appears inaccurate.
CB-4555 Solves a problem where the Amp Sim user interface was not properly updated when switching presets.
CB-4584 Toggling the instrument list in AU fullscreen mode, no longer leads to unloading Moog Model 15.
CB-4517 LayR AU settings are now properly saved with the project.
CB-4512 iPad Pro 12.9": Tapping an IAA instrument icon in the instrument rack now results in properly switching to the corresponding app.
CB-4547 The progress bar is now properly updated, when performing mixdown to FLAC.
CB-4583 Solves a rare issue where establishing a connection with SoundCloud, can render Cubasis unreliable.
CB-4503 Solves a problem, where the setup and mixer chapter of the in-app help could not be opened.

I can’t believe you all didn’t fix the timing drift problem in loop mode. I cannot even use loop with external gear. What happened. I know the problem has been made aware by multiple users in the forum. Really sucks. I was really looking forward to a fix in this update.

Hi Mojoswifty,

Thanks for your message.

While we’ve been able to address many issues with the current Cubasis 2.7 update next, we were not able to nail down the MIDI Clock cycle issue due to its complexity. We’ll try our best to re-evaluate the topic again.

Best,
Lars

I am still getting a lot of crackling and popping sounds on my iPad Pro 11” after updating to 2.7. It makes the app almost unusable to me.

Will the ARP be able to control other apps?

Eg can I run the arp to control Zeeon or Volt synth apps in Cubasis?
And I assume the Arp syncs with the clock in Cubasis?

Another question… is there a way to Midi Learn the controls of the Micrologue synth?

Hi newMania,

Did you update the iPad with the latest available OSX update?
If the problem persists, please create a separate topic and write down the exact steps allowing us to reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi jameslondon74,

The Micrologue ARP IAP extends Cubasis’ Micrologue with a full-blown arpeggiator (see more details in this tutorial). The ARP can be synced to Cubasis via simple button tap. MIDI Learn is on our list for a future Cubasis update.

Best,
Lars

Hi. That’s great! I look forward to midi learn, which will make micrologue my favourite synth.

However - what about the question about whether the ARP will be able to control another synth?

Hi jameslondon74,

As mentioned in my previous answer, the Micrologue ARP extends the Micrologue synth with a full-blown arpeggiator.
The arpeggiator can not be used to control other synths.

In case, you’ve missed it, here is the link to the available Cubasis 2.7 tutorial/teaser (which includes a full Micrologue ARP demo):
Micrologue ARP, MIDI Thru and Much More in Cubasis 2.7

Best,
Lars

Will this be a future feature? The arp looks great so it would be amazing to implement a midi out function.

Yes please, one more for MIDI learn… if you can work out MIDI learn to also handle the external instruments (like Noir), it’d be extremely awesome.

Also if you can make the ARP be able to change the length of the sequence it’s running, so I can run 3, 5, 6, 7 step ARPS, etc., that’d be extremely awesome too! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Mike

Can anyone tell me what the chord progression is for the Dotted Pings arp that plays when you preview it from the instrument selection screen? It sounds so beautiful but it’s driving me nuts trying to work it out! Please help somebody!

Did Midi Learn for micrologue ever get implemented for Cubasis 2?

Hi jameslondon74,

MIDI Learn is on our list for Cubasis 3.
For now, I do not think that it will be added for Cubasis 2.

Best,
Lars

Quick #Cubasis iPad question: how can I route MIDI out from Micrologue Arp sequences to other tracks? Or is the Arp even planned as independent MIDI plug in?

Hi Dopplgngr,

The Micrologue ARP extends the Microloque synth with an arpeggiator, including lots of presets.

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars, understood - but any chance to broaden the use case to MIDI out with a minor update? Major update would be independent sequencer plug-in - this would be a great way for more spontaneous jamming not available in other DAWs.