The Cubasis 1.7 update has been released. Here is what you can expect from the update.
Please note that with this update you will need an updated version of the Cubasis Project Importer (v.1.4) to be able to read Cubasis 1.7 projects in Cubase. The updated importer (v.1.4) is already available for download on the usual place (check the other thread).
The list of issues and solutions will be added to this thread soon.NEW FEATURESFULL INTER-APP AUDIO SUPPORT*
- Use Inter-App Audio apps as insert/send effects.
- Choose Inter-App Audio apps as instruments for your MIDI tracks.
- Select any Inter-App Audio app as input on audio tracks.OTHER
- Inputs popup added to the inspector to easily assign tracks
- New in-app help system including interactive search function.
- AudioCopy 2.0 SDK has been implemented.
- Routing option “No Instrument” has been put on top of list in the instrument list.
- Disconnecting Cubasis in the Audiobus app shuts it down to save battery if there is no further activity.FIXES
CB-1351 Registering Cubasis at MySteinberg now works as expected with devices running iOS7.
CB-1336 Assignment of available outputs of the RME UFX audio interface now works as expected.
CB-1349 Browsing MicroSonic instruments quickly no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
CB-1350 AudioCopy and AudioPaste between apps now works as expected on iOS7.
CB-1366 Stereo waveform channels are no longer shown swapped in the arranger or wave editor.
CB-1368 Inserting Cubasis as input and output in Audiobus now works as expected.*LIMITATIONS OF INTER-APP AUDIO
To ensure a smooth experience please read carefully this important information before submitting bug reports:
- The maximum number of possible Inter-App Audio connections depends on the device being used. Newer faster devices can establish more connections than older ones.
- If your device is running low on memory, Inter-App Audio connections will be abruptly cut without notice by iOS.
- Connections sometimes fail if the node app is already running (due to a bug in iOS 7).
- Rule of thumb when working with Inter-App Audio: Quit all audio apps, launch Cubasis and then connect Inter-App Audio nodes. Don't launch node apps manually before launching Cubasis!
- Connected node apps don't always appear in the iOS multitask mode when you double tap the home button. This is an iOS 7 issue which can lead to connections failing. As a workaround, launch the node app manually from the home screen, then double tap the home button and swipe up to quit it.
Check out this video tutorial we did that shows you how to use Inter-App Audio in Cubasis 1.7:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDfZvwPr ... e=youtu.be