MIDI Control of Cubasis

+1 Remote MIDI support for various DAW elements. Transport controls. Track M/S/Arm/Volume, etc…

Hi damir65,

Since Yamaha uses a specific format to stream audio between the devices, direct support with Cubasis is not given as of yet.

Some time ago we’ve had a similar topic, please find it here:

Best,
Lars

Want to spark this post again. I’ve looked through multiple post’s on this topic and they’ve gone on for years now. Don’t get me wrong, I love your product but not having midi learn really hinders the ability of live performances and the ease of use of the software. I have not been a cubasis user for long but I do know that this would make a huge improvement for the app. I’m not a very technical person so please excuse my ignorance but I’m sure I wouldn’t take so long to program this.
You’re a great company so you should know to please the customers and clearly this is something a lot of us want.
I can’t speak for everyone but I’d definitely be willing to pay for an add on for the app to get the midi learn features.
Thank you.

Hi,

The feature is on our list, but might still need some time, until being released.

Best,
Lars

Hello all, I’m just curious where we are with this too… maybe in 2.7??
Thanks!

my bet is as soon as hell freezes over…
all they add is candy of some sort but no real meat (no Link, broken sync, no MIDI control).

I am surprised. Or Shocked…
Bought my first iPad this very week and in one general purpose.
Music, DAW, recording and for soft synths like the Microlouge.
First, i have spent very little time over the years and is not familiar with nor english language or MIDI or Cubase in general.
I am from the PC side of Cubase since the 90ies and one thing that always (?) worked is MIDI Learn so one has the posibility to adjust parameters like for exemple ”cut off frequency” from the MIDI keyboard ?

Is not that working in Cubasis ? :open_mouth:

Hello all!
-Is there a midi multitrack editing feature on cubasis 2?
I can’t select more than one track at the same time…
I actually bought it because I thought it would have this feature.

Many thanks in advance

Hey LSlowak,

After so many years it’s hard to believe that this feature is just a matter of time!
Can you please give us an honest answer why this request is taking so long?

Best regards!
Marcel

I’m dead curious as to why it’s not been implemented as well… I’m not a programmer so I don’t really know but I can’t imagine mapping hardware buttons to software buttons that already exist is that much work for Steinberg?

And me too, but unfortunately until now this functions there is no.
This would be extremely important to me, because right now Cubasis on my iPad Pri 10 inches
is practically my most important sequencer at my home studio
Please!!!))

Hi Mitikas,

Thanks for your message.

The feature remains on our list for quite a while, but still take some time until being ready.
But we’re closer… Please bear with us!

Best,
Lars

Thank you, Lars!
Its really important.
I need support for some for example bluetooth external control (I hope it will be possible to buy separately, something like with knobs Play, Rec and knobs for locators, its enough, or may be - not bad idea - some application for Android or iPhone (payment, around 5$) for control. In my case I work with Cubasis and ROLI Seaboard 25 (special GREAT THANX for 100% support of it in Cubasis, better than Mac or Windows) and position of my ROLI is a little bit far from my iPad - I need external control!!!
By the way - is is possible to use Cubasis in sync mode SLAVE with my Cubase?
May be its not bad idea.
Thank you once more!!!
Dmitry

Hi numinous,

We hear you, and the feature is on our list for future updates for quite some time.
It is planned to come, but might still take some time until being ready…

Best,
Lars

It is good to know it is on your TODO. It is quite a disappointment for me as well, I have recently got iRig Pro Duo to record some tracks from Novation Circuit using Cubasis LE upgraded to full version. Stereo audio out and MIDI in/outs from Circuit hooked to iRig going to iPad running Cubasis.

Unfortunately Cubasis is not emitting MMC on MIDI OUT when I recording begins. This makes recording synths on iPad much less fun. I could use Mac, but I wanted to have nice small recording setup. Still I always need to press the button right on time and then trim tracks, pretty annoying.

I need to be able to control Cubasis with a foot controller too. Please, make it happen!! :beers:

I need to control audio unit parameters live with my akai mkii mini. Is it possible? If not pls put it on your list :smile:

Another vote for prioritizing midi control of Cubasis.
I am just getting started with Cubasis and I really want to love this DAW.

It’s time for reality check… Five years after this feature had been requested it’s time to accept that it will never happen unless Steinberg is forced to do it. I think it’s obvious that not to implement it is a product decision and not a technical decision. Honestly I can also understand that they do not want to cannibalise their business with desktop cubase. If you have nearly the same features for just a 10th of the price of the desktop software… Also developing this feature will cost money that probably cannot be financed by the $50 price tag. I think that only two things could make Steinberg adding these features:

a) Another DAW with a similar workflow that is on par with Cubasis and supports these features
b) A market for an iOS DAW for a pice tag of $100+

But what are the alternatives? I tried to play around with AUM + Xequence 2 but I failed to find an AUv3 app that does audio tracks and loops in sync with the midi tracks. Moreover you spend a hell lot of more money if you buy all the AUv3 apps to have something similar to Cubasis but end up with a much more complicated setup.

HI,
does somebody know to which MIDI notes the DRUM Machines of Cubasis are responding to ? Because the way these samples are responding is a bit strange.The mapping of my MIDI controller’s pads (Arturia BSP) is “classic”, it goes from C1 to D#2 (36 to 51). First, the samples of the drum Machines are not arranged “in order”, I mean MIDI 36 plays the kick, the on 37 you jump to the Crash, then the clap, then a tom, and so on. Which is not dramatic, but not handy at all since you can remap them and there’s no MIDI learn. But more annoying, even if my mapping is classic, I can only play a maximum of 10 samples, among the 12 in these Drum Machines (in fact 24, since the samples of the alternative version of the machines can be played with Cubasis keyboard or edited in the midi editor). So I don’t mind mapping my BeatStep Pro differently, but guessing the MIDI note of the samples I can’t trigger might be a real pain…