[SOLVED] iPad Pro 12.9 " Compatibility

Thanks Lars - looking forward receiving the update!

The Cubase + Cubasis combo has incredible potential and something that may tempt me away from Studio One 3 in the future.

To me, it sounds a little bit as if you actually weren’t using a proper graphics engine (which would include automatic, grid-based layout and thus have no problem at all with different screen resolutions / aspect ratios / sizes), and instead just absolutely positioned and scaled each UI element manually, which of course doesn’t “scale well” (literally) :smiley:

Great news, time to finally upgrade my old iPad Air!

Lars,

So just to clarify now that Cubasis 2.4 has been released, the 12.9" display support is planned for version 2.5?

That’s the plan…

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Super glad to hear this resolution feature is being addressed for the 2.5 update! I’ve been holding off on getting a Pro for this very reason as I want to make Cubasis my primary DAW. Think we’d see the update in the next month or two? If not what is the estimated timeframe the team expects?

Hi Trwster,

Thanks for your message.

HighRes display support for compatible iPad devices is planned to be supported with Cubasis 2.5.
New version updates are announced once these become available.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

It would be ideal if Steinberg offers a DEMO version of Cubasis optimized for iPad Pro to Apple installed on their demo iPads so it could be tried by users at Apple retail stores on iPad Pro’s to help with deciding on purchase of an iPad Pro or a regular iPad.

What do you think?

Hi powerobject,

We already have this in place:
Cubasis LE (our compact version of Cubasis, featuring a smaller feature set) is available as a free App Store download.
Cubasis LE is designed for supported hardware devices, to unlock a dedicated feature set.

Unless unlocked via a compatible hardware device, Cubasis LE can be used in a free 30 minutes demo mode.

HiRes display support will be included in both versions.

More information about Cubasis LE can be found here:

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

I was referring to having your Hi-Res optimized Cubasis demo app added to the “demo” iPads and iPad Pros inside Apple RETAIL stores so when customers walk into the store, they could try playing with Cubasis in the retail store on both iPad and iPad Pro to see the Hi-Res display optimization and make a decision if they should buy iPad or iPad Pro. You should be able to have Apple feature your demo Cubasis app easily on their demo iPads and demo iPad Pros in their retail stores because it would support iPad Pro resolution.

Hope this is clear :slight_smile:

Hi all,

As previously announced, native resolution support for iPad Pro is planned to be released with the upcoming Cubasis 2.5 update.
Today I’m very happy to share the information, that our engineering have made excellent progress, implementing the feature for iPad Pro 10.5" and 12.9".

Now we want to have your feedback, making sure things work as smoothly and expected with your iPad Pro devices, before releasing the v2.5 update!

Please get in touch via private message, if you want to join our current 2.5 beta program and meet the following requirements:

• You run Cubasis on an iPad Pro 10.5" and/or 12.9" device
  • You are interested in testing the beta version and provide us with your timely feedback
  • You are willing to sign our non-disclosure agreement

Additionally, please add a sentence why we should choose you as a beta tester for this release!
Participation is limited - we recommend to act fast.

Your feedback is extremely valuable for us, to identify and eliminate possible errors before releasing the update.

We look forward to your responses and feedback!

Best,
Lars

Damn, and here I am waiting for the 3rd Gen iPad Pros to drop before I get one… Wish I could join the beta!

I’d happily beta test on Air 2 to make sure the optimisations haven’t broken anything for existing non Pro users :wink:

Hallo Lars,

hier ist David, leider wahrscheinlich schon vieeeel zu spät für eine Beta Tester Meldung. Ich versuch es trotzdem mal :slight_smile:
Ich machs ganz kurz. Cubasis ist meine goto DAW auf dem iPad. Ich bin betatestsüchtig und das schon seit mehr als 10 Jahren :open_mouth:
Hab viele FX, Synths und andere Apps und dazu kommen haufenweise Controller und anderer Hardwarekram. Würde mich freuen mal für Landleute zu testen :slight_smile:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the offer, but the beta program aims at iPad Pro 10.5" and 12.9" users at this moment.

Best,
Lars

Sorry, hab vergessen zu erwähnen dass ich ein iPad Pro 10.5 habe zum testen :slight_smile:

Moin David,

Please have a look at the beta announcement, and provide me with the requested information via private message.

Best,
Lars

Hi all,

Many thanks to those of you, who joined the recent beta program.

Your contribution was really more than helpful, both in the development and finalisation stage.
While I gave my best to send a personal message to everyone involved, please accept my apologies, if I accidentally forgot someone.

The whole team is happy about all your positive feedback in regards to the native iPad Pro resolution feature.
Now we’re excited about the feedback from all remaining users.

From here it won’t take long until the update becomes available…

Best,
Lars

Hi all,

Cubasis 2.5 has been released and includes native resolution support for iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5" devices:

Best,
Lars