[FR] "Save as template" exclude media

+1, great idea!

Hello,

That’s been a pain for quite a while. I end up saving to another project, deleting media without erasing, and then saving as template. Less efficient.

Hugh

+1000

I’e submitted feature requests for this for about 2-3 years now… no-ones listening

That is how I do it. But would love to have this build in.

Bye / Tumppi

I think it is time for a window "finder style " were you can at least see the names of the already saved templates with dates of creation. Same when you open from a new template, we should see the creation dates, and be able as well to use folders.

S

+1 , I would also like the ability, to delete a template, rename it, etc…

This is still a PITA

Steinberg? Can you confirm you will put this on the todo list for either 7.5 or 8

+1, would be a neat timesaver, I generally CTRL+A, Delete, empty pool without erasing, reset all automation then save as template…

Regards
Yannick

I have wanted this feature for years!
+1

+1 Please yes !

+1 YES

+1
…its normal to start new project from template without audio and automation…so
…Save as Template - ()checkbox including media on selected track, (may be for guid track…etc)

+10
If Cubase wants to be on top of the DAWs, it should include this essential option, for a daily professional studio workflow.

What do you mean?
I saved a template with media in it…

For most of us the whole idea of templates is without media. A blank project with aal the routings etc done but no media so starting a new project is fast and easy.

Why are you saving templates with media?

Bye / Tumppi

I just made one for “home mastering” so it loads my references tracks (different tracks for different genre)

I also haev a bunch of templates with audio, for recurring projects.
Mostly commercials with the same jingle/tagon/music/whatever.

But admitted, I have more without audio …

Fredo

+1000000000000000000000!!!

“Exclude Media”
“Keep Selected Tracks & Media in New Template”

Such good ideas!

As it is, setting up a band tracking template is very hit and miss.
Every band is different and I always end up having to make a new modified template anyway.
Recently had some jokers bring in a Didgeridoo, definitely wasn’t in the template.
Couldn’t believe the amount of bass it generated. Had the TLM193 about 6 ft. back
catching the reflection off the hardwood floor. Nice.

+10

+1