[FR] Patch Selection using MIDI Devices on MIDI Tracks

Read only! All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 6 can be posted here.
fenderchris

[FR] Patch Selection using MIDI Devices on MIDI Tracks

Post by fenderchris » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:34 pm

I have been wondering for some time why the sound patches on my External Midi Devices keep changing whenever I load projects into Nuendo, despite the fact that all Midi tracks have been muted.

Currently, if a project is loaded with a MUTED midi track and that track is using a Midi Device in the Inspector to select a patch on an External device, a patch change message is sent to the device despite the fact that the entire Track is MUTED.

This can result in sound design being lost on the device as a result of an unexpected patch change.

I think it would be better if, in this situation, the patch change message is only sent if and when the track is UN-Muted.

For some reason there is no option to Disable a Midi Track!
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

Windows-10 Pro 64-bit v.1903.

PC: i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram, SSD drives.

Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).

Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.

Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Nuendo-10.2.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”