WaveLab 8.5.30 VST Incompatibility with OS X El Capitan

Greetings to all,

Within the last few weeks I upgraded my OS from Mavericks to El Capitan(fortunately, using TimeMachine, I restored my machine’s Primary Drive running the OS onto a new HD, thus retaining the original Maverick’s HD just in case such issues as those outlined in this forum were to migrate onto my new OS platform).

Under Mavericks OS, WaveLab 8.5.30 works seamlessly; however, under OS El Capitan, I received the following message when attempting to playback a wave file: “The VST audio connections are not valid. Check the VST Audio Connections dialog”. After visually verifying that the device I am using, Presonus’ AudioBox 1818VSL(Apple Core Compliant Firmware installed) is configured identically to the way it was under Mavericks OS, it still does not work. My next resolve was to delete the restored WaveLab 8.5.30 from my system(including associated plist files), then perform a clean install of the application, additionally followed by the installation of the CoreAudio2ASIO patch. When at this point I am expecting in anticipation for everything to work correctly, to my dismay, things are no better than when I began.

Fortunately, I do have a copy of WaveLab Pro 9.0.35 available to me on this machine, which runs almost(there’s always room for improvement) perfectly under El Capitan.

Any suggestions for a working resolve to my WaveLab 8.5.30 issue not outlined above?

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

My DAW configuration is as follows:

MacPro 5,1:: 3.46GHz :: 48GB DDR3 Registered RAM ::
El Capitan Version 10.11.6
WaveLab 8.5.30 + WaveLab Pro 9.0.35 (Current Update versions)
Everything on my DAW is 64-bit.
PreSonus AudioBox 818VSL (Core Audio Specification Compliant - Firmware at Current Revision)

Not so much a suggestion, but a question: Why do you want 8.5 and 9.0 available on the same machine?

WaveLab 8.5 is more familiar and at times, easier to attain the intended result than its successor, WaveLab Pro 9. That said, WaveLab Pro 9, with its totally revamped interface should prove itself to be the better venue in the long term.

I’ve been using WaveLab since 2000, then on Windows(though now I’m predominately Mac); before that, Sound Forge from its introduction to the marketplace in the early 1990s. My switch to WaveLab many years ago, was due to my necessity to perform intricate editing, at the DNA level…so to speak, which at that time Sound Forge did not comply: since then I’ve not looked back.

Not everything from the past is archaic; some relics need to be cherished! …just a thought, and perhaps a consideration.

Have a great day.

Just wondered if toggling the connection to Built-In Audio and then back to the Presonus makes any difference. And the Device Outputs 1 and 2 look ok on the ASIO Playback tab with the Presonus selected?

Do you get playback at all via Built-In Audio?

I did try the procedure of toggling the connection to Built-In Audio, which does work fine. When toggling back to the PreSonus the audio connection error message re-appears. The Device Outputs 1 and 2 on the ASIO Playback tab are configured identical to those in WaveLab Pro 9.0; WaveLab Pro 9.0 works fine…WaveLab 8.5.30 on El Capitan does not.