WL8.5 XmlAudioFileDescription presets not saving

Hi,

I’m trying to do some mass metadata updating using XML Import but my XmlAudioFileDescription presets are not saving.
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\WaveLab 8.5\Presets\XmlAudioFileDescription

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damien

I can’t reproduce this problem.
Please explain step by step what you are doing.

Philippe

Hi Philippe,

I’ve spent the last 10 minutes detailing and taking screen grabs of what I was doing only to get to the end and find my preset saved. Here it is anyway. One point of difference might be that I hadn’t specifically saved the metadata profile I used in the out format which included my text variables, nor had I specifically saved the variables as a preset before but they were saved as part of the batch config, that is, they recalled without saving them as a preset. I’ll give you the process anyway

I am creating a batch process to populate metadata from xml source for 16,000 files.

To map the metadata from xml to the MP3s, I’ve created Custom Variables:
CustomVariables.JPG
I’ve also set up a metadata profile in the output format to use these variables in ID3 v1 and v2 (v1 show, you get the idea):
Metdata.JPG
Then in the batch processor workspace, Options - XML Audio Description window, I’ve mapped my XML to the user variables., e.g.:
XML Mapping.JPG
When I try to save the xml mapping I go through the process but it simply does not save the preset.

• Click the little filing box
    Choose ‘Save As…’
    Give the preset a name and click save

This is where the process turns out different and my preset saved.

XmlAudioFileDescription presets are saved there:
AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8.5\Presets\XmlAudioFileDescription\

Can you confirm you don’t see your saved file, inside this folder, afterwards?

Philippe

Hi,

On my system they are here:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\WaveLab 8.5\Presets\XmlAudioFileDescription

Only they are not. One I saved yesterday is now not there. I did have to force quit a batch process as it wasn’t working as expected but I couldn’t pause or cancel the batch. Today it appears to have saved. It’s very odd.

Regardless, I just can’t seem to get this xml as source for metadata working. I’ll post a new thread about that though.

Damien

Damien

never mind the last bit about not getting it working. I had a dumb mistake, almost too embarrassing to mention but needless to say, a specific file path needs a drive letter. The presets saving and disappearing issue may still be there.