Cue sheet vinyl

I’m using Wavelab to create a cue sheet for a record that is going to be pressed on vinyl, and I’m running into this annoying problem that Wavelab, seemingly regardless of settings used, adds a 2 second pause at the start of the CD report. To be clear - the pause is only there in terms of numbers on the CD-report, however there is no pause in the actual audio montage. This results in that the meta data within the audio montage is correct, but the CD-report is 2 seconds off.

How can I get around this?

You should try the “Start Time (in audio montage)” option in the CD Report dialog.

Hi PG,
Thank you! I can see that puts in the correct times in the CD Report under its own column “Start (Montage)” Which is nice.
However - the CD cues are still off by 2 seconds compared to if I check the DDP (with HOFA for example). See screen shots.

Shouldn’t CD-time be identical on both DDP and CD report as both as been generated with the same software?

It’s been like that in mastering programs for the CD PQ sheet since long before Hofa. I don’t think it should be changed.

What Hofa displays in a window, or playlist, and what it might print out in a PQ sheet might be different. Like the Wavelab CD tab listing doesn’t start at 2 seconds I don’t think, unless I just never noticed.

I think you can get rid of the CD column on the sheet in Wavelab 9 for vinyl or files.

I think you can get rid of the CD column on the sheet in Wavelab 9 for vinyl or files.

Yes