Quick Question regard Wavelab and Wavelab Elements

The latest version is always here together with a “how-to” video. Back in the day it used to be called Synchrosoft but it’s now owned by Steinberg. The versions are fully backwards compatible so you can also install it on Windows XP, although it might need to install the .NET Framework, which I think is included in the installer.

I’ll get on that then Arjan and Mr Soundman. Don’t think I’ve updated the single since I got WL6 years ago! Will I bed to update that before I upgrade to WL8?

Apologies for the questions guys! I know what I’m doing I’m the program but an no way a techie. Because WL6 always worked I never updated as was too scared in case something went t!ts up!

So thanks for all the help.

I think if you download the update that Arjan gave (WaveLab 6.1.1) it will probably install a suitable update for the eLicenser version on your XP machine as well. If you then purchase the upgrade to WL8.5 (which will not install on XP!), you can install WL8.5 on your Windows 8.1 laptop, and from there you can enter the activation code that will be emailed to you on purchase (as described in the video on the eLicenser website) and all should be well.

One word of caution, when you get your activation code do not post it here on or any public forum; think of it as a one-time password which can only be used by you to activate your personal licence which is then physically stored on your USB eLicenser.

No, this is not quite correct. The thing is, as soon as your donge has the 8.5 license on it, the old eLCC software on XP won’t find the license for 6, because it is overwritten by 8.5 - of which it has no knowledge. I always update eLCC on all possible computers, before installing any updates of WL (or Cubase, for that matter).

So Arjan, what’s the best way of doing it so I buy Wavelab 8.5 for my new Windows 8 Laptop but do it in such a way I can retain Wavelab 6 on my Windows XP computer in the studio?

Ideally I want to retain both copies. Otherwise I’ll keep Wavelab 6 for the XP studio and just buy Wavelab Elements for the lappy.

Cheers as always.

1. Update the eLicenser software on your XP installation to the latest version
  2. Buy the 8.5 upgrade and install it on your Windows 8.1 laptop

That’s it, really!

Thank you Mr Soundman. Appreciated

Hi Guys

Me again. Oh drat I hear you cry! :slight_smile:

Just popping by to check before I hit ‘purchase’ if that’s ok?

If you remember I’m wanting to retain the option of using WaveLab 6 on my Studio PC and the upgraded WaveLab 8.5 on my new laptop.

I’ve just upgraded the eLicenser version on my Studio PC to version 6.7.1.8151 - which I believe is the final XP installation.

Is that side of it done now?

Thank you as always. It really is appreciated.

There is no final XP version. You have to understand that as long as you renew licenses on your physical USB-key, you’ll have to keep udating the eLicenser anywhere you use the key. It may work now, until you upgrade to Wavelab 9 in the future - the software has no knowledge of newer versions until you update it.

Ah. Then I think I must’ve renewed the eLicenser software, not the the eLicense license itself.

Apologies

OK…

This is what I updated today.

eLicenser Control Center for Windows - last installer to support Windows XP and Vista

Windows
Version: 6.7.1.8151
Size: 33 MB
Release: July 14th, 2014
eLicenser: USB- and Soft-eLicenser
Supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3,
Windows Vista (32/64-bit), Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)

But this isnt what you meant then?

It seems I was a bit too fast to say there is no final XP version. Apparently support for XP has stopped with this last version… Though it still is rather recent (14 July 2014), I’m afraid you may have a problem with WL6 on XP when your license on the USB-key changes to a different version number. Although it could be that this final version has a special way to foresee higher version licenses. Maybe PG can shed some more light on it?

Cheers Arjan

PG, could you please confirm this. Thank you in advance.

Confirm what exactly?

Morning Philippe

I’ve updated the eLicenser software to the version above - the last version for my XP PC. I’m running WaveLab 6.1 on that.

I want to keep wL6 running on that studio PC.

I’ve bought a new Windows 8 laptop and need to run WaveLab on it so I’m going to upgrade to 8.5.

Will I still be able to use WaveLab 6 on the studio PC as well as run WaveLab 8.5 on my Windows 8 laptop?

Thank you

Yes. Simply don’t change anything on your WaveLab 6 setup anymore (no update).

Brilliant. Thank you and thanks to you all.

Will upgrade today.

Dear Your laptop is fine bu still if you wanna change it , then I will recommend to visit here at http://www.laptopoutlet.co.uk because very huge varieties of different brands laptops are available and also deals are ON. :wink: :wink:

I’ll get on that then Arjan and Mr Soundman. Don’t think I’ve updated the single since I got WL6 years ago! Will I bed to update that before I upgrade to WL8?

Apologies for the questions guys! I know what I’m doing I’m the program but an no way a techie. Because WL6 always worked I never updated as was too scared in case something went t!ts up!

So thanks for all the help.