Another problem when rendering to FLAC

All topics on WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8
Pietzcker

Re: Another problem when rendering to FLAC

Post by Pietzcker » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Huh, that did it.

I deleted the folder, restarted Wavelab and answered the "Do you want to import your Wavelab 8 settings?" question with "No" - and then everything worked as expected.

If anyone is interested, I've uploaded the folder with the "defective settings", whatever they may be, to here. Thank you all for your help so far - if anyone can find out what was wrong with my installation, even better...
Windows 10, Dorico Pro 3, NotePerformer 3, Pianoteq 6, Wavelab Pro 9.5

MrSoundman

Re: Another problem when rendering to FLAC

Post by MrSoundman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:37 pm

I would just put it down to experience and move on. With each new version I usually set everything up initially and take a backup of that folder, that way if I ever screw things up, I can revert to the backup. As you will have seen, you are offered the option with each new version to import the old settings to save work.

By the way, over in the Cubase forum the term for this procedure is "trash prefs".

One other useful thing we have learned is that the correct translation for "level 8" is "Stufe 8" :-)
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.12 • WaveLab 10.0.20 • SpectraLayers 6.0.30 • HALion 6.3.1 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

Return to “WaveLab 8 | WaveLab Elements 8”