WL 8.5.2 not recognizing PSP MasterQ

Very strange: PSP MasterQ is one of my main axes, but it’s increasingly becoming harder to use with each iteration of Wavelab. Specifically:

In Wl 8 it runs fine, no issues.
In WL 8.5/8.5.1 it instantiates without functional knobs, but if you click any field and numerically enter a value, all the knobs unfreeze and it works fine until reboot.
In WL 8.5.2 the application no longer sees or instantiates PSP MasterQ at all - it prompts me to replace the plug in when I open older sessions, and it’s not in the list of available plugs.

When I open the Plug-In options window, I don’t see it listed, but I do see the plug in my Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST, and again, it’s working fine in previous versions of WL and every other DAW installed on my mac. Only Wavelab 8.5.2 seems to have trouble with it.

I’ve reinstalled then re-authorized the plugin and rebooted. Still no love. I may be stuck on 8.5.1 for awhile assuming the predictable responses from the responsible parties (Steinberg will cry foul on spec and throw up hands, PSP will blame Steinberg for changing implementation of said spec between versions, problem will persist indefinitely). :wink:

I’m running a 2011 MBP, quad core i7, 2GB RAM, MH ULN8 interface, on OSX Mavericks.

dd

First and most important: Happy holidays to all - enjoy the season!

I want to note that I’ve figured this one out: When I updated to 8.5.2 Wavelab launched in 64 bit mode instead of 32. It didn’t occur to me to check, as I didn’t expect it to change. Is that normal, PG?

Since it’s an old plug, 32 bits is the way to go. Changed it, all’s good. Sorry for the false alarm, hopefully this puts it to bed!

I want to note that I’ve figured this one out: When I updated to 8.5.2 Wavelab launched in 64 bit mode instead of 32. It didn’t occur to me to check, as I didn’t expect it to change. Is that normal, PG?

Right. On Mac, the vast majority of users are using 64 bit now, hence the default was changed in 8.5.20.

Have you tried jbriger? It allows you to run 32bit plugs with a 64bit host.

I use it on Windows and it works great. 64 bits has its advantages, I wouldn’t just dismiss it.

OK weird recurrence: Trying to open up some sessions with old PSP MasterQ, to transfer settings to MasterQ2. I’ve reinstalled the plug, and set Wavelab 8.5.30.871 to 32-bit mode, then opened Plug-In Options and forced a rescan. Done this about a half dozen times. Unfortunately nothing seems to work: WL never “sees” the old version at all. Logic (which uses AU) sees the new installation with no problem. My Mac’s running 10.10.5.

Is there any reason why WL plugin scan would skip that plugin (which obviously worked great for years, as long as I was in 32 bit mode).

PS: I’m daved – my login was messed up, so made this new ID for forums. Same guy. :wink:

Hi daved. It’s not in your Ignored Plugins list is it? (plugins organize tab - bottom right).

Nope, but good thought. Figured it out though:

PSP MasterQ only runs on 32 bit OS X. So it’s not WL8.5, but OS X that’s blocking it. JBridge probably can’t help that. I just need to install WL8 on an old machine to open it (not revving my work DAW back).

That said, the whole thing has me facing the future directly. I went ahead and updated WL to 9. :wink: