No valid license has been found on this computer

All topics on WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8
electrodaddy

No valid license has been found on this computer

Post by electrodaddy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Hi,

All of a sudden I'm starting to get this error message:

No valid license has been found on this computer.
WaveLab 8.5 cannot be started.

I've tried a different USB slot, installed the latest elicenser software etc. Hitting OK then crashes Wavelab and it hangs. I have to force quit and then reboot. The Mac reboots but then hangs on a black screen....until I physically unplug the dongle. It then boots up fine. Inserting the dongle again means it works. For about a day. Then it happens again. Any ideas? Faulty dongle maybe? It is pretty old.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: No valid license has been found on this computer

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Sounds like your dongle is going bad. Just get a new one, the newer models seem less prone to dying like this too.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

laubschb

Re: No valid license has been found on this computer

Post by laubschb » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:58 pm

I had the same problem. I just installed WaveLab Pro 9.5 for the first time. Using the same dongle I use for Cubase Pro 9.5, I received the same error.
"No valid license has been found on this computer. WaveLab 9.5 cannot be started". I was assuming Wavelab would recognize the dongle and walk me through activation. WaveLab was seeing the dongle, but was looking for an activated eLincense on the dongle. I was able to resolve the issue by using the eLicenser Control Center. When the control center opened, I ran the synchronization and maintenance wizard. Then I ran the eLicense Download Wizard which challenged me for the activation code to complete the download. Once I entered the activation code, the WaveLab license was downloaded and added to the dongle. Hope this helps. :)

Return to “WaveLab 8 | WaveLab Elements 8”