Can't write files after CD Import

Hi,

I’m trying to rip a CD and I’m getting the follow error message.

IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO SAVE THE DATA TO DISC. THE DISC MIGHT BE FULL, OR THE SPECIFIED FILENAME MIGHT ALREADY
BE IN USE

I’ve tried with many options, starting with Ultra-safe mode (3) to not changing any defaults. This is for an archival purpose and knowing if the CD has issues would be very important. Can you provide any help regarding this error message.

Version 8.5.0 (build 849) - 64 bit

This message does not seem related to the actual grabbing process, but to the process of saving the audio to disk.
Please verify that the destination folder you specify is valid, and that you have enough space on disk.

Hi Phillipe,

I have tried many locations, 3 internal drives, a networked location and an external portable drive all of which have heaps of space available and permissions. I have another 2 DAWs running the same version of WL (one of which is the same hardware) and they are working as expected so it’s not stopping any workflows. It is curious though.

Damien

Do you save the file to standard 16 bit WAV PCM?

Hi Phillipe,

Yes. Type = Wave
Audio format = PCM (uncompressed).
I tried both manually setting values for channels, SR and BR as well as setting them to Match input stream. The same error regardless.

I’d originally modified metadata to add some BWF info but also tried with default settings (including default track names).
The same process works fine on other DAWs and other CD-Ripping software works fine on this DAW.

Damien

Damien

Can you try with no file already opened in WaveLab?