Search specific words in Mediabay?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
Phobic78

Re: Search specific words in Mediabay?

Post by Phobic78 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 pm

this is one of the few things that is well implemented in pro tools, but not nuendo. i haven't actually used pro tools for a couple of years so i can't remember how they do it. i think there is just some button or modifier key that makes it search for the whole word.

maybe somebody who currently uses both could check it out and report back?
Nuendo 6.0.5 : iMac i7 : Waves : NI Komplete : East West Orchestral

Joerg
Steinberg Employee

Post by Joerg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:46 pm

There is no feature to search for complete words inside an attribute, I apologize and I wonder why that did not pop up on my desk earlier. We will treat it as a feature request, but it will be more than a no-brainer as far as I can think of it now.

Meanwhile, here is a hack for the MediaBay search parser you can use to find your "ice" ...

Type into the "Search Results" filed, (or the logical search using the "matches"-operator) :

Code: Select all

"ice %", "% ice" 
This will unfortunately not find a simple "Ice". but "ice pick" and "crushing ice" as well as "crushing ice pick".
Jörg Hoinkis, Senior Software Developer, Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Joerg wrote:Meanwhile, here is a hack for the MediaBay search parser you can use to find your "ice" ...

Type into the "Search Results" filed, (or the logical search using the "matches"-operator) :

"ice %", "% ice" 
This will unfortunately not find a simple "Ice". but "ice pick" and "crushing ice" as well as "crushing ice pick".
Will that omit words like "police"?
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Dog and Pony

Post by Dog and Pony » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 am

I tried it with and without the quotation marks, still got "slice", "police" and every other word that has the concurrent letters "ice" in it. John.
5 systems with N8, N10, Nuage, Artist Series, Faderport 16, Windows 10, MacOSX 10.12 and many more toys.

Joerg
Steinberg Employee

Post by Joerg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Dog and Pony wrote:I tried it with and without the quotation marks, still got "slice", "police" and every other word that has the concurrent letters "ice" in it. John.
Sorry, John you are right, my test content was too limited.

What I did, when I was searching for single words, was excluding every string that contained the search explicitly, like

ice -lice -fice
to remove "police" and "slice" and "office", but that's too painful for everyday use.
Jörg Hoinkis, Senior Software Developer, Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Return to “General”