Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
TimoWildenhain
Moderator
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 am
Contact:

Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by TimoWildenhain » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Dear forum-members,

Nuendo 6.5 is now shipping to distributors and dealers worldwide. Also available through the Steinberg Online Shop. The latest version of Steinberg's audio post-production system features automated loudness processing, professional bass management, TrackVersion playlists, track visibility management, enhanced AAF file format support and much more.

A clear emphasis lies on the new ADR 2.0 taker system, with enhancements for voice and foley recordings, such as new playback/recording modes, automated naming and pre-record buffer.

The Nuendo Expansion Kit will also be updated to version 6.5.

Nuendo 6.5 content
More information on Nuendo 6.5 are available here: Nuendo 6.5 product pages
See the new Nuendo 6.5 videos: Nuendo 6.5 tutorials
Nuendo 6.5 in the Steinberg Online Shop: Buy Nuendo 6.5

Important notice for Yamaha Nuage users
If you want to use Nuendo 6.5 with the Yamaha Nuage controller system, you are required to download the Nuage System Software version 1.5. This software update ensures full compatibility of Nuage with Nuendo 6.5, including access to new features.

Here you can download the updated Nuage software: Nuage system software V1.5

Thanks for choosing Nuendo!
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

drorh4
Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by drorh4 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Congratz!

I looked for pdf and trial and found non.
Win10 - Nuendo 8.1.10 - Wavelab 7
RME multiface2
Waves/ plugin Alliance/Sound toys

User avatar
Ed Doll
Site Admin
Posts: 912
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by Ed Doll » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Thanks!

The new features PDF is available here: http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... do_65.html
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

Robin Walsh
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by Robin Walsh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Fantastic! Thanks!
Nuendo 8.2.1/64bit- Windows 10/64 gigs ram -Nvidia K4000 - RME Raydat - UAD - Amphion

DG
Member
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by DG » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks for the info. I can find the list of new features, some of which seem very useful, but I couldn't find the list of bug fixes. Is there one?

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

TimoWildenhain
Moderator
Posts: 954
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by TimoWildenhain » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:47 pm

DG wrote:Thanks for the info. I can find the list of new features, some of which seem very useful, but I couldn't find the list of bug fixes. Is there one?

DG
Hello,

there is no list of fixes available as this is the initial release of the 6.5 version.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

DG
Member
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by DG » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 pm

TimoWildenhain wrote:
DG wrote:Thanks for the info. I can find the list of new features, some of which seem very useful, but I couldn't find the list of bug fixes. Is there one?

DG
Hello,

there is no list of fixes available as this is the initial release of the 6.5 version.

Thanks,
Timo
OK, I understand that, but how can I find out whether or not the bugs from 6.07 have been fixed or not?

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

zvenx
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by zvenx » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Congrats and thanks
rsp
richard sven patterson
sound sculptist
--------------------------
Nuendo 8| Gigabyte GAX79UP4 : Intel Hex Core Ivy Bridge Extreme 4930K : 32GB RAM | Windows 10 64bit| Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 9 | MacBookPro Retina 2.8Ghz Quad Core I7 | 10.12.1 | 16GB | NI Komplete Audio 6 | UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad |

ExtremeXS
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by ExtremeXS » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Damn missed updating from 5 to 6 with the grace period to 6.5.

Usually a email and forum message clearly stating the cutoff/release date.

I've not noticed that if it's been mentioned, unlike with cubase 7.5 and wavelab 8.5.

OnBeat
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by OnBeat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Nuendo 6.5 + NEK Update is not available as a downloadable update, jux boxed. When will the downloadable update be available?
Oscar Zayas
Onbeat Studios
WPB, FL

Nuendo 8, Cubase 9, Wavelab 9 (64 bit)
Windows 10 64 bit, Quad core Intel i7 - 67000K, 16gig ram

drorh4
Member
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by drorh4 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Trail?
Win10 - Nuendo 8.1.10 - Wavelab 7
RME multiface2
Waves/ plugin Alliance/Sound toys

User avatar
iBM
Member
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by iBM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:58 pm

DG wrote:
TimoWildenhain wrote:
DG wrote:Thanks for the info. I can find the list of new features, some of which seem very useful, but I couldn't find the list of bug fixes. Is there one?

DG
Hello,

there is no list of fixes available as this is the initial release of the 6.5 version.

Thanks,
Timo
OK, I understand that, but how can I find out whether or not the bugs from 6.07 have been fixed or not?

DG
You got to buy it ;)

If there are no bugs, there are no buglist...........in Steinberg land.

Seriously, if Steinberg have not prepared a fixlist from N6 and up, I start to wonder....... :?
They HAD to know THAT question were coming.
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++

User avatar
Ed Doll
Site Admin
Posts: 912
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by Ed Doll » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:45 am

OnBeat wrote:Nuendo 6.5 + NEK Update is not available as a downloadable update, jux boxed. When will the downloadable update be available?
It was temporarily unavailable but it is back online again.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

Bernard Focquet
Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:00 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by Bernard Focquet » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 am

Great news... Thanks ;)
Nuendo 8.x, Cubase Pro 9.x, Wavelab Pro 9.x
PCs Win7/Win10 x64, Sony DMX-R100, RME Digiface, TC Powercore, MCU Pro

Getalife2
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by Getalife2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:09 am

iBM wrote: You got to buy it ;)

If there are no bugs, there are no buglist...........in Steinberg land.

Etc.
Amazingly, I am somehow able to enjoy using Nuendo to make music daily. I find it a pleasure to work with, and for some of us who have been doing this for decades now, it is "magic from the future" compared to software we were using not so long ago. The power and stability of my current N6 setup would have been a mere fantasy only a few years ago.

It's all relative to a given mindset. Software that some people consider unusable has made me a lot of money, and been fun in the process. I'm kind of over virtually any topic, including the long awaited THE SOFTWARE IS NOW SHIPPING!!!!! being turned into yet another reason to complain.

Find something you enjoy working with and get on with it. Good advice, unlikely to be taken, I'm afraid.
i7 5960X/32 GB at 4.3GHz with x7 SSDs - Win 7/64 - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad - VEP

User avatar
iBM
Member
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by iBM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:26 am

Getalife2 wrote:
iBM wrote: You got to buy it ;)

If there are no bugs, there are no buglist...........in Steinberg land.

Etc.
Amazingly, I am somehow able to enjoy using Nuendo to make music daily. I find it a pleasure to work with, and for some of us who have been doing this for decades now, it is "magic from the future" compared to software we were using not so long ago. The power and stability of my current N6 setup would have been a mere fantasy only a few years ago.

It's all relative to a given mindset. Software that some people consider unusable has made me a lot of money, and been fun in the process. I'm kind of over virtually any topic, including the long awaited THE SOFTWARE IS NOW SHIPPING!!!!! being turned into yet another reason to complain.

Find something you enjoy working with and get on with it. Good advice, unlikely to be taken, I'm afraid.
Did you figure that that was the point of my post? Try again, and quote another more important sentence ;-)

PS. I have done this for 35+ years, making music with Nuendo since N1.6 and Cubase since SX1.
So apart from some bugs, and some kidding, I'll do very fine with Cubendo. It is actually my favorite DAW :o :shock: :? :lol: Go figure
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++

DG
Member
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by DG » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:49 am

Getalife2 wrote:
Amazingly, I am somehow able to enjoy using Nuendo to make music daily. I find it a pleasure to work with, and for some of us who have been doing this for decades now, it is "magic from the future" compared to software we were using not so long ago. The power and stability of my current N6 setup would have been a mere fantasy only a few years ago.
N 4.3 was more stable and faster to work with for me, and I think that was 5 years ago.
Getalife2 wrote: It's all relative to a given mindset. Software that some people consider unusable has made me a lot of money, and been fun in the process. I'm kind of over virtually any topic, including the long awaited THE SOFTWARE IS NOW SHIPPING!!!!! being turned into yet another reason to complain.

Find something you enjoy working with and get on with it. Good advice, unlikely to be taken, I'm afraid.
I'm glad that the bugs in N6 don't affect you, but some of them do affect me (one in particular has cost me hours of my time). The only reason I was asking about a bug fix list was because it had previously been promised. I will probably d/l the N6.5 trial at some point, when I'm not so busy, and test the program for myself, but was just hoping to avoid wasting time, if the bugs that affect me haven't been fixed.

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

User avatar
tryphon
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:24 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by tryphon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Downloaded my 6.5 upgrd with NEK this morning.
Clicked setup, pasted in my licence key and VOILÀ!
Instant Nuendo 6,5, loaded my most recent project and every thing runs flawlessly.
Well done SB!
HP 4.10 GHz - 10Gb RAM - Windows 10 x64
Cubase 9.5 Pro, Nuendo 8, Cubase iC Pro
Focusrite 18i20 - Soundcraft M12 - Adam A77X - CMC: CH, QC, TP
- Arturia V5, UVI Falcon with all libraries



https://duffegan.bandcamp.com/album/room-of-oceans

Getalife2
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by Getalife2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Really, I was just wondering if/hoping that we could congratulate the release of 6.5 for maybe one whole day before getting back into , "I'm unhappy because"......"they should have done this differently"........., etc".

I'm sure many people at Steinberg have worked very hard to to make 6.5. I will guarantee sleep was lost getting 6.5 out the door. They are humans. I think treating them as such and simply saying "thanks" here and there is the right thing to do.
i7 5960X/32 GB at 4.3GHz with x7 SSDs - Win 7/64 - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad - VEP

Robin Walsh
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 am
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by Robin Walsh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:47 pm

This update is working perfectly so far. Well done Steinberg!

I've worked the whole day on a documentary without any problems whatsoever.

Upon installation Melodyne caused a crash so I uninstalled it. Nuendo then booted up correctly. I re-installed Melodyne and Nuendo started without hassle. Will check this one properly when I have a chance.

So far the subtle graphic changes (in the Project window and Mixer) are really good. Everything seems just that much sharper. I prefer the look of the mixer without the 'brushed' steel look.

The 'channel visiblity' settings in the Project window is a great addition!

I'm looking forward to exploring all of the new features.

Robin
Nuendo 8.2.1/64bit- Windows 10/64 gigs ram -Nvidia K4000 - RME Raydat - UAD - Amphion

User avatar
iBM
Member
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by iBM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 pm

All I said was, That Steinberg had to know that the "What bugs have been fixed?" and "Are there a list of fixed bugs?" (since N6.0.7 that is) were coming.

From some this might be the difference to buy/upgrade or not, and therefore should be in Steinberg's best interest.

I happen to "love" Cubase and Nuendo, but I do not like the direction of the Mixer and Control Room (which is important TO ME). I feel I have the right to make my voice heard :?
Do anyone have a suggestion of where my voice can be heard? Is not this forum a place to discuss things like this (without being attacked every time)?

I'm happy for Nuendo 6.5. Congrats to Steinberg, congrats to the Nuendo Post community (I'll leave you here, after being with Nuendo since v1.6).
I will continue the struggle against the new Mix Console and Control Room, going Cubase only (used Cubase since SX1).
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++

Getalife2
Member
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by Getalife2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 pm

iBM wrote:
I'm happy for Nuendo 6.5. Congrats to Steinberg, congrats to the Nuendo Post community...
This is what I am saying. It seems to me that initially leading with something like the above in a thread announcing a new version shipping, before beginning the critique, would be effective. If I'm Timo, Ed, Fredo, etc, that would make a difference to me after having busted it to get the new release out. Any of us would feel the same after having worked hard on a project.

That's all I'm saying.
i7 5960X/32 GB at 4.3GHz with x7 SSDs - Win 7/64 - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad - VEP

-steve-
External Moderator
Posts: 7718
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by -steve- » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:22 pm

iBM wrote:All I said was, That Steinberg had to know that the "What bugs have been fixed?" and "Are there a list of fixed bugs?" (since N6.0.7 that is) were coming.
iBM wrote:You got to buy it ;)

If there are no bugs, there are no buglist...........in Steinberg land.

Seriously, if Steinberg have not prepared a fixlist from N6 and up, I start to wonder....... :?
They HAD to know THAT question were coming.
You don't have to buy it to discover what has been fixed. The info is available, though it's not offered in the form and packaging you would prefer. As you have said, you are going Cubase only, so you don't have a personal stake in this fix list, but, perhaps you remain interested for the sake of others. Like Timo said, Nuendo has the fixes that Cubase 7.5.2 has. Here is a link to that list. http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... issues.pdf
iBM wrote:Do anyone have a suggestion of where my voice can be heard? Is not this forum a place to discuss things like this (without being attacked every time)?
Evidently your voice is being heard here in the Steinberg forum and the question is disingenuous.
Cubase Pro, Nuendo, and Dorico Pro; latest versions available.
Windows Pro 10 | i7-3770k | GA-77x-UD5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid
Macbook Pro 2011 | Mac OS 10.11

DG
Member
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by DG » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 am

SteveInChicago wrote: Nuendo has the fixes that Cubase 7.5.2 has. Here is a link to that list. http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... issues.pdf
Thanks, that was very useful. It may be worth upgrading now, as the bug that was costing me hours of time seems to have been fixed.

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

User avatar
iBM
Member
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by iBM » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:16 am

SteveInChicago wrote:
iBM wrote:All I said was, That Steinberg had to know that the "What bugs have been fixed?" and "Are there a list of fixed bugs?" (since N6.0.7 that is) were coming.
iBM wrote:You got to buy it ;)

If there are no bugs, there are no buglist...........in Steinberg land.

Seriously, if Steinberg have not prepared a fixlist from N6 and up, I start to wonder....... :?
They HAD to know THAT question were coming.
You don't have to buy it to discover what has been fixed. The info is available, though it's not offered in the form and packaging you would prefer. As you have said, you are going Cubase only, so you don't have a personal stake in this fix list, but, perhaps you remain interested for the sake of others. Like Timo said, Nuendo has the fixes that Cubase 7.5.2 has. Here is a link to that list. http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... issues.pdf
iBM wrote:Do anyone have a suggestion of where my voice can be heard? Is not this forum a place to discuss things like this (without being attacked every time)?
Evidently your voice is being heard here in the Steinberg forum and the question is disingenuous.
Yes I remain interested for the sake of others, as I am the "IT/Computer go to guy" for several. Including Nuendo users.

Thanks for the link.
I should have figured that this release was on par with Cubase 7.5? Shouldn't I?
Something NOT in Cubase 7.5.2 that are fixed?

The, "you got to buy it" statement.............. had a ;) attached, as in "you know what I mean". Sorry for a tiny hidden joke :mrgreen:

And one more congrats to Steinberg. IMPORTANT!

For the first time it is clear to me that there's an obvious difference between the Music and Post app. With the last version, C7.6 and 6.5, that is.
With all the new Post features in N6.5, it is finally an easy choice for me (as a musicproducer only) to choose what's most appropriate for me, and my line of work.

That's a great achievement. Congrats again to Steinberg.

My part in the "leapfrogging" business is finally over :D

PS 1. In here, there are no hidden jokes either.

PS 2. I have to admit that it is a bit sad to leave an app behind, your favorite app since version 1.x (up until N5.5, which I will still be using).
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++

Post Reply

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest