Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
cjadams

Re: Nuendo 6.5 now shipping

Post by cjadams » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Well cubase and nuendo are very similar..I have always liked both. but went with Nuendo + NEK best of both worlds if you can afford the 2000 to start with. If your running a business you can easily write that off or do enough projects to pay for it. Should be a no brainer.

iBM

Post by iBM » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:43 pm

cjadams wrote:Well cubase and nuendo are very similar..I have always liked both. but went with Nuendo + NEK best of both worlds if you can afford the 2000 to start with. If your running a business you can easily write that off or do enough projects to pay for it. Should be a no brainer.
It used to be a no brainer, when Nuendo had a superior GUI over Cubase.

I am a musicproducer/engineer only, and have been using both Cubase and Nuendo in paralell since both versions 1 (SX1 and N1.6). Obviously written off, during the 15 years I have been running my own studio ;-)

But as said, finally I can see the line between the Music and Post app (as Steinberg has touted for years). So, for the first time my choice was easy, going all Cubase from here (if they do something with the Mixer and CR), and ommiting the "leapfrogging".

Congrats on Nuendo 6.5 (I will of corse look into it ;-)). Good luck, and a happy weekend to all at Steinberg and in the forum.
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++

aashton

Post by aashton » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:27 am

I have a couple of Nuendo licences as I kept a Nuendo 2.0 "just in case" - I noticed that the option to upgrade has changed from being 2 and 3 to latest version + NEK to just version 3 to latest + NEK. Have I missed the boat, have the birds flown has my emergency recovery plan bitten the dust ?

All the best - Andrew

Getalife2

Post by Getalife2 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:17 am

aashton wrote:I have a couple of Nuendo licences as I kept a Nuendo 2.0 "just in case" - I noticed that the option to upgrade has changed from being 2 and 3 to latest version + NEK to just version 3 to latest + NEK. Have I missed the boat, have the birds flown has my emergency recovery plan bitten the dust ?

All the best - Andrew
Exactly my issue, as well. Fortunately, I have both a 2 and a 3 license. It's unfortunate that they removed this option.
i7 5960X/32 GB at 4.3GHz with x7 SSDs - Win 7/64 - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad - VEP

Getalife2

Post by Getalife2 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:26 am

iBM wrote:
But as said, finally I can see the line between the Music and Post app (as Steinberg has touted for years). So, for the first time my choice was easy, going all Cubase from here (if they do something with the Mixer and CR), and ommiting the "leapfrogging".

Congrats on Nuendo 6.5 (I will of corse look into it ;-)). Good luck, and a happy weekend to all at Steinberg and in the forum.
Best to you as well. I am also a music producer using Nuendo instead of Cubase. I was going to comment here about why I will continue with Nuendo, but I will start a new thread to keep this one cleaner.

You seem a good guy. I apologize if I leaned in too hard, earlier.
i7 5960X/32 GB at 4.3GHz with x7 SSDs - Win 7/64 - 2x RME MADI - 3X UAD-2 Quad - VEP

iBM

Post by iBM » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 am

Getalife2 wrote:
iBM wrote:

Best to you as well. I am also a music producer using Nuendo instead of Cubase. I was going to comment here about why I will continue with Nuendo, but I will start a new thread to keep this one cleaner.

You seem a good guy. I apologize if I leaned in too hard, earlier.
No worries. I have been taking a beating in this forum for roughly 14 years :lol:

It would be interesting to see why you will choose Nuendo instead of Cubase.
For me it used to be Nuendo all the way. Up until C6 and N5, Nuendo always had the better GUI (it just felt better for some reason).
As I also have an edit suite going, equiped with Cubase, it will be easier to go Cubase only for both places. A bit less money spent (but not a real issue).

I'm a good guy.....nah. I'm an old grumpy guy (soon to be retired) :)
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++

Brandy

Post by Brandy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Getalife2 wrote:Really, I was just wondering if/hoping that we could congratulate the release of 6.5 for maybe one whole day before getting back into , "I'm unhappy because"......"they should have done this differently"........., etc".

I'm sure many people at Steinberg have worked very hard to to make 6.5. I will guarantee sleep was lost getting 6.5 out the door. They are humans. I think treating them as such and simply saying "thanks" here and there is the right thing to do.
Well, I am really getting your point. And I have to say that I am quite happy with Nuendo 6.5 so far, in an overall view - it is a great app - like 6.0, 5.5. 5.0 and so on. But I do have all kinds of issues in the moment so I sadly have to say: I am NOT happy.

When 95% of the stuff is awesome, but 5 % is not working - and I need those 5% - then I am allowed to be unhappy?

Check this:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 94&t=62764
Christoph Brandes | Iguana Studios | Freiburg/Germany | Facebook | C8 - N6.5 - WL8 and lots of stuff like that | still originally registered in deepest 2001

Return to “General”