With pleasure we announce the availability of the X.5.30 maintenance updates for Cubase 7.5, Cubase Artist 7.5 and Nuendo 6.5. These updates are a free download and fully supported (please see the bottom of this post for links).
- • The performance when importing a large number of audio files has been improved.
• The reliability of the video engine has been improved (OS X only).
- • CHORD TRACK: The Chord track now works correctly when recording while Chord track is used with a virtual instrument.
• EDITING: A frozen instrument track is now muted when the solo editor is used with the part editor.
• EDITING: Quantization of audio material when AudioWarp is applied no longer renders the application unreliable.
• EDITING: The “invert selection” function in the key and drum editor now works correctly.
• EDITING: Midi CC automation is now chased correctly.
• EDITING: The sound playback now works as expected when an audio
part is edited in the sample editor.
• EDITING: The mouse time position can now be edited without limitations.
• EDITING: The curve tool in the key editor no longer wrongly modifies velocity values when drawing in the articulations/dynamics lane.
• EDITING: Removing pre-populated buttons in the Favorites Tab of the Score Editor no longer renders the application unreliable.
• EDITING: The command “select in loop” no longer selects controller events before the loop.
• PROJECT LOGICAL EDITOR: Certain parameters are now stored correctly.
• LIST EDITOR: The List Editor no longer renders the host application unstable if it is closed when having the status line open.
• MIDI: The performance of the MIDI Editor has been improved with regards to the behavior of the SOLO function.
• MIDI: The MIDI connections in the MIDI device manager are now stored correctly.
• MIDI: MIDI chase now works correctly when multiple channels are used on the same MIDI track.
• MIDI: Drag & drop of a MIDI file into an existing MIDI track no longer leads to name changes.
• MIDI: The controller lane type of the key editor is now set correctly on first opening.
• STEINBERG HUB: The function “remove from list” now works as expected in the project assistant.
• STEINBERG HUB: The Steinberg Hub no longer renders the application unreliable.
• MARKER: The selection of multiple markers within the marker window now works correctly.
• MARKER: A problem with the auto scroll function within the marker window has been solved.
• MEDIA BAY: The location tree can now be sorted in alphabetical order.
• TRACKS: Moving a folder into another folder no longer leads to tracks being placed outside the folder.
• TRACKS: A graphical issue when clicking on the Inspector’s visibility tab has been solved.
• EXPORT AUDIO: BWF timecode information is now included correctly when a batch export is performed using cycle markers.
• EXPORT AUDIO: The audio batch export now works more reliably when using markers in the project.
- • SCORING: A zooming issue has been corrected.
• SCORING: Editing a user symbol no longer renders the application
• SCORING: An inconsistent behavior of shift+double click on a symbol or text has been corrected.
- • CONTROL ROOM: The cue sources in the control room are now saved correctly.
• CONTROL ROOM: The status of the control room modules is now saved correctly.
• CONTROL ROOM: A graphical problem within the control room window has been solved.
• CONTROL ROOM: If monitor A is removed, monitor B is no longer increased in volume.
• CONTROL ROOM: The AI knob of the Steinberg CC121 now controls control room sliders correctly.
• MIXCONSOLE: Unexpected behavior of the Channel Link function
relating to inserted plug-ins has been resolved.
• MIXCONSOLE: The channel width is no longer set below the minimum size when switching from a multi-display setup to a one-display setup.
• MIXCONSOLE: Logging a channel to the right no longer causes problems with certain cut-off and zoom functions.
- • PLUG-INS: Certain problems with compatibility of UAD-plug-ins have been solved.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: A problem with selecting audio and instrument tracks has been solved.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: The instrument name no longer changes automatically when the track name is changed.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: An issue related to the auto track renaming scheme (instrument tracks 2.0) has been solved.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: Unmute statuses of instrument tracks are now stored correctly.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: The output chain display for monotimbral virtual instruments is now working correctly.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: An instrument track no longer loses the output channel configuration when stored as a track preset.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: A graphical issue related to Groove Agent has been solved.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: Track presets from previous versions of Cubase/Nuendo can now be applied without output connection problems in the current version of Cubase/Nuendo.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: An export or import of track archives of instrument tracks with more outputs no longer causes missing automation.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: Mute status of instrument tracks is now stored correctly.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: MIDI events are no longer locked when unfreezing an instrument track.
• VST INSTRUMENTS: VST presets can now be saved correctly for Native Instruments Massive plug-ins.
- • OMF: Japanese characters are now displayed correctly after OMF import.
• OMF: The volume automation is now displayed correctly after
the import of embedded OMF from Final Cut Pro.
• OMF: A playback problem with an existing video file when importing OMF or AAF files into the same project has been solved.
• REMOTE CONTROL: A wrong display of the menu item no longer renders the application unreliable.
• EUCON: Closing Cubase/Nuendo no longer leads to stability issues when the EuCon adapter is loaded.
• OTHER: Changing the origin time of any VST Sound audio file no longer renders the application unreliable.
• OTHER: “Solo Defeat” now works correctly even when switched on/off a couple of times.
- • METERING: Direct Monitoring (input signals) can be displayed on the metering channel.
• ADR: ADR buttons are now working flawlessly when Nuendo acts as Salve in a machine sync setup.
• ADR: The ADR pre-roll function now works correctly when delay compensation is enabled.
• ADR: The video display no longer turns black when ADR playback is started in Free Run Mode (without pre-roll).
• ADR: The ADR pre-roll now works as expected when 9pin remote-sync is applied to Nuendo.
• COMPATIBILITY: Sound Devices 664 .wav files are now fully compatible with Nuendo.
• LOUDNESS TRACK: A wrong display of true peak values in the loudness track has been corrected.
• MIXCONSOLE: The settings for the Surround PannerV5 are now copied correctly using drag & drop in conjunction with the channel settings.
• MXF: Performance when importing MXF files has been improved.
• MXF: Import of MXF files from Canopus Edius now works flawlessly.
• MXF: The origin time of MXF audio files is no longer ignored by the application.
• MXF: A problem with distorted sound when recording an MXF in 32bit- float resolution has been solved.
• MXF: The application is no longer rendered unreliable during the import of certain MXF files.
• NUAGE: The Steinberg HUB window no longer makes the Nuendo track mixer, shown on the Nuage Fader section display, improper.
• NUAGE: Switching DAWs improper channel display.
via the Nuage controller no longer results in
• NUAGE: The “right align mode” of the Nuage Fader section no longer gets canceled when applying “lock left” to audio tracks.
• NUAGE: The virtual pan slider on the Nuendo mixer display is now shown correctly.
• NUAGE: When loading the channel strip on the Nuage Fader set (DYN), the parameters are now entirely visible.
• NETWORK COLLABORATION: Exchanging a video via network collaboration features using Windows and OS X now works as expected.
• AAF: The volume automation on export is now handled correctly if there are no keyframes in between crossfades.
• AAF: The filter plug-in now distinguishes correctly between missing files and muted files.
• AAF: Export of Asian characters is now working reliable.
• AAF: Export of AAF files when the hard disk is full no longer renders the
• AAF: A wrong interpolation of volume automation data has been corrected.
• AAF: A wrong interpretation of volume automation key frames has been corrected.
• AAF: Referencing of different file formats now works as expected.
• AAF: The to frames.
• AAF: export no longer fails in case event positions are quantized
• AAF: Import of volume automation data from Avid Media Composer 7 containing keyframes that are located outside of clips are now read correctly.
• AAF: Automation data in AAF files created with Avid Media Composer is now read correctly.
A detailed version history and the X.5.30 Updaters are available here:
Cubase 7.5 downloads
Cubase Artist 7.5 downloads
Nuendo 6.5 downloads
Thanks for choosing Steinberg products!