Nuage Question

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
Fredo
External Moderator

Re: Nuage Question

Post by Fredo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:30 pm

Select any number of channels/push "Link" and the channels will be linked.
Select any group of linked channels/push "link" and the channels will be un-grouped.

Fredo

Keyplayer

Post by Keyplayer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:21 pm

When you adjust the volume handle on an event, do you get a numeric readout, like you do when using the mouse. I've noticed that you don't get that via Eucon protocol and I couldn't tell from my view of the video showing Nuage doing the same function.
Nuendo 1.0 - 10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

AlexBell

Post by AlexBell » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:51 am

Maybe you all know this but I just found out so I'm gonna tell you anyway... ;-)

If you open the mix console (F3) and then link a group with the Link function on Nuage you get a small symbol just above the channel name telling you the group that is linked. If you right click this you can edit the function of the link button, pan, EQ etc... which was what I was looking for.

A pretty well hidden feature that should be easier to get to just with Nuage, same goes for "Direct routing" which I never use but it's automatically turned on in Nuage and can create a "bit" of frustration when you don't know what you're looking for when all you're sounds are going nowhere. :-D

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:47 pm

You don't have to go through the (F3) Mix console.
Select any number of channels on the Nuage fader units, and then click on the fader unit "link" button.

The latest Nuage firmware allows you to re-assign several buttons (for example change the "Routing" button into "VCA").

HTH
Fredo

Return to “General”