Automation on Group and FX channel tracks

Hi,

I placed this question in the Nuendo 5 forum before.

I am often working on big projects with lots of group channels and FX channels. When I use the commando ‘select from cursor to end’ and move several objects, the automation data on group and FX channels is left in place. Only when I show all the used automation on FX and Group channels and then select from cursor to end the automation data on these tracks will be moved too. Why is this? I can’t think of a reason why I wouldn’t move (hidden) automation data when I select from cursor to end and move objects…

Same thing happens with the new track visibility feature. The data on invisible tracks is left in place when I select from cursor to end and move things. I don’t understand this; the tracks and data are still there when they are invisible. Why are they excluded? Maybe it is a good thing to bring the option to in- or exclude invisible tracks when editing, then this function makes sense…

What are you wanting to achieve when you select from cursor to end? Insert/cut time functions will move hidden automation data.

I find the function ‘select from cursor to end’ far more flexible/user friendly than the Insert/cut time functions. But I guess this is the only way to move all hidden automation data then…

Thanks!