Generic Controller puzzle... could use some help...

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
Heiner Einbier

Generic Controller puzzle... could use some help...

Post by Heiner Einbier » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Hey guys,
I'm a little stumped at the moment, I must admit, and would appreciate your thoughts:
I have a JL Cooper MCS 3000 (yes, it still works and I love it...) hooked up as a generic controller via MIDI.
It's been giving me rock hard, sterling service for years, but since the last two days moving the faders has no influence on Nuendo's mixer anymore. The MCS's faders will still react and move correctly if I move a software fader on the Nuendo mixer, so the fader motors are definitely intact, and when I move a fader on the MCS, the corresponding MIDI input on my Fireface also registers an incoming MIDI signal. Nuendo however does NOT show an incoming MIDI signal on the MIDI monitor.
So it must be somewhere in Nuendo. I checked the Generic Controller mapping, that's still correct, and I haven't changed any other settings before this started to happen!
Any ideas greatly appreciated. Doing audio post without faders, I am just finding out, is a #+@%%§! :(
ASUS/Intel Z270 chipset - Core i7-7700K CPU 4.2GHz - 32GB RAM
RME Fireface UCX, current driver
BlackMagic DeckLink MiniMonitor SDI, current driver
AVID Artist mix, current driver
Windows 10

Asus Notebook Core i7 5500U 12 GB RAM
Windows 10

Nuendo 10
Cubase Pro 10

24dBFS

Re: Generic Controller puzzle... could use some help...

Post by 24dBFS » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:44 am

Hi Heiner,

are you 100% sure that when you open your generic remote settings window, click on "Learn" and move the MCS fader the correct CC# is recognized by Nuendo?
Are you by any chance also using Quick Controls using the same MIDI In? Sometimes they don't like each other.
Cheers!
Multi-touch VST controller for Cubase & Nuendo:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~ https://www.14bitMIDI.com~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.karolobara.com

Win 10, Dual Xeon 3GHz, never enough GB's of RAM, RME UFX, GeForce blah blah blah, potato...

Heiner Einbier

Re: Generic Controller puzzle... could use some help...

Post by Heiner Einbier » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi 24! :)
24dBFS wrote:are you 100% sure that when you open your generic remote settings window, click on "Learn" and move the MCS fader the correct CC# is recognized by Nuendo?
Nope. It doesn't. As I said, Nuendo doesn't react to the MCS faders at all, the MIDI interface however does. Other apps will also react to the MCS faders, I just tried this out. But the CC#'s still tally with the XML of the settings I exported when it still DID work.
24dBFS wrote:Are you by any chance also using Quick Controls using the same MIDI In? Sometimes they don't like each other.
Nope. Never used QC in Nuendo. In Cubase, yes, but not in Nuendo. But thanks for your help, and I will check out if I do maybe have QCs mapped that I didn't know/forgot about...
ASUS/Intel Z270 chipset - Core i7-7700K CPU 4.2GHz - 32GB RAM
RME Fireface UCX, current driver
BlackMagic DeckLink MiniMonitor SDI, current driver
AVID Artist mix, current driver
Windows 10

Asus Notebook Core i7 5500U 12 GB RAM
Windows 10

Nuendo 10
Cubase Pro 10

Return to “General”